• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski gouge to top sheet

Smitty244

I managed to wedge my ski under a log the other day and gouged the top sheet on the corner. Wondering if this is a big deal and should be repaired or is my ocd just getting to me and it is safe to just leave alone and just treat it as a battle wound.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 137

KustyTheKlown

completely cosmetic. you should see my skis.

if it really bothers you you can epoxy it but there’s no benefit to doing so

Smitty244

Ok sounds like my ocd lol. Always a bummer to put that first scratch on something new.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

If the appearance bothers you, take a brown sharpie to it and color it in. No effect on the performance of the ski at all. The only potential ill effect is if the edges of that gouge are rough, you may catch a glove, or some bare skin of your hand on it, so you might want to take some finer grit sandpaper to any rough edges if they're present

56fish

Website
www.borderskirental.com
If the appearance bothers you, take a brown sharpie to it and color it in. No effect on the performance of the ski at all. The only potential ill effect is if the edges of that gouge are rough, you may catch a glove, or some bare skin of your hand on it, so you might want to take some finer grit sandpaper to any rough edges if they're present

+1 :beer:

GregoryIsaacs

I have a "knick" like that that but at least 6 inches longer and I can even see a little wood...... its been like that for four years with no issue whatsoever.

Congrats! you now have a set of "used" skis

Orca

Just use clear nail polish. Dries hard and seals it. No splinters.

If you color it with sharpie first, you might upset the chromatic balance. The effects are amplified on gleaming white snow and you might find yourself listing to one side. Anything for fashion though. Live dangerously.

dblskifanatic

Never really bothered with such issues. Always thought that they will get chipped and scratched so be it! If it bothers you patch it up otherwise NBD.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone