• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Colorado

Smitty244

Nice pics. I picked up a GoPro the other day so I can get some good footage. Hoping we have good snow. Regardless I’m sure it’s beautiful. Definitely not a fan of bumps at my ability yet.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Smitty244

Will do. Definitely doing cooper, we managed a couple free tickets. Probably copper the second day and then monarch most likely unless we do crested butte instead.

Smitty244

What are thoughts/opinions on keystone and Arapahoe basin? Looking for a place for our third day. Have tickets to cooper and copper and now between Breck, keystone, A-Basin, and monarch. We might just wait and see if one gets dumped on the night before and let that make up our minds.

big_vert

snow is pretty good right now, when are you coming to CO?

from Breckenridge this weekend
View attachment 26118
View attachment 26119

OMG - It's so crowded!!!:wink:

If you're going to ABasin bring your big boy pants. Tough, potentially gnarly. You MUST do Pallivicini if you go, but be forewarned, when it gets bumped up, it can be quite challenging.

I like Keystone, but it doesn't get a lot of love sometimes. Go to the backside where they have the Cat skiing, and it's fairly mellow, but a lot of fun, with nicely spaced trees. Generally a really nice hill in my opinion, and also (in my opinion) a LOT better than Copper.

Tonyr

Keystone is better for you as beginners
A-basin is better (best) for experts

Keystone also has really long trails, you don't spend alot of time on the lifts. As a beginner/intermediate skier I think you'd like it there.

Tony

gmcunni

What are thoughts/opinions on keystone and Arapahoe basin? Looking for a place for our third day. Have tickets to cooper and copper and now between Breck, keystone, A-Basin, and monarch. We might just wait and see if one gets dumped on the night before and let that make up our minds.

just skied Monarch for first time, nice place but nearly the size of Keystone, Breck. and it isn't close to summit county. cool place, old school vibe. no crowds at all.

Keystone and Breck will cost you a small fortune for a day ticket if you don't have access to a discount via buddypass or something similar. if $$ don't matter you can find a wide variety of trails at Breck and Keystone and the conditions should be pretty damn good. big storm rolling in this week.

I haven't skied ABasin in years, my recall is foggy. it is generally regarded, as others have said, as a more difficult mountain. so if you are up for a challenge that could be fun. Also highest altitude, which could be a factor on you physicailly.

monarch -
IMG_2890.jpg

Smitty244

Nice pic! Great news hearing about a storm rolling in lol. Can’t wait.

Smitty244

It sure is ! Cooper, copper, keystone all booked [emoji106]

Razor

Saw some FB pics of Breck & it looks crazy.

I'm here at Winter Park right now. Too much snow! Waited half hour to get on the gondola first thing this morning, then about 40 minutes to get on the 6 pack at Mary Jane. Best lifts are closed due to wind and no visibility. Blowing and snowing like crazy. Took a couple of runs in shin deep powder, then quit. We're on the last day of a 2 week trip, so we don't need the aggravation. All skied out. Just hope we can get out of here tomorrow as Rt. 40 through Berthoud Pass is closed due to avalanche mitigation. I-70 WB is closed currently.

dblskifanatic

Lift lines are crazy everywhere today Vail lift line is nuts. We are at Breck and the lift lines have been long. I guess 2 feet of snow brings out the masses.

Smitty244

The good news is hopefully by Monday they will be smaller but the bad is the powder will be used up.