• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Accurate, Informative & Trustworthy Snow Reports vs Vague & Questionable Snow Reports

deadheadskier

Staff member
Did you not say you would "rearrange my face" and "fuck you and your daughter" as well as multiple "bitch" and "fuck you", posting 3x for every attempt to deescalate?

Of course you did, you're a liar, completely unhinged, and a low life who's been PMing me multiple times a day with "fuck you bitch" and similar while I've been skiing and not checking the forum. I told you "take it to PMs" just to get you to quit screwing up the thread, not hoping to attract a cyber stalker.

I don't appreciate my thread getting totally F'd up by a burner account. Making a mockery of the forum.
Was one side worse than the other? Yes

Best just to delete the whole back and forth. It would have been silly just leaving one side.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Comparing Mad's snow report to other ski areas isn't exactly fair. MRG is not required to be profitable, at least not in the short and medium term. No one is going to lose their job if visits are down.

Last edited:

mtl1076

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Comparing Mad's snow report to other ski areas isn't exactly fair. MRG will is not required to be profitable, at least not in the short and medium term. No one is going to lose their job if visits are down.

So to keep visits up ski areas should lie to their customers?

nhskier1969

Thinking about skiing one of the small local Mtns this weekend. You guys think this weekend will be a Sh*t show like MLK weekend?

drjeff

Thinking about skiing one of the small local Mtns this weekend. You guys think this weekend will be a Sh*t show like MLK weekend?

If any mountain isn't crowded by their standards atleast this weekend, after some fresh snow, a long weekend, and once you get past the first few hours of Saturday morning, some decent temperatures, then you have to bring into question the financial stability of that mountain.

It's got the makings of being possibly a record setting weekend for many resorts coming up

bdfreetuna

So I was at Mad River Glen on Tuesday and while conditions were fantastic it was a foggy day with light freezing rain mixed with some snow. I guess it was slightly below freezing, anyway the weather wasn't really a favorable outlook for the next day, which I expected might be firm until snow arrived the next day.

I checked MRG snow report later on, the post-closing update. It described what occurred 100% accurately with at least as much detail. Let me emphasize again it wasn't even really a bad situation just a little damp for those skiing at the time, and expecting to firm up overnight (except there was plenty of unaffected powder).

... Smuggs the next day I had no issues with except their trail count listed Freefall as "open" but it was in fact closed, at least from the top.

urungus

Smuggs the next day I had no issues with except their trail count listed Freefall as "open" but it was in fact closed, at least from the top.

I had the same experience last year with Freefall / Liftline and when I contacted their customer service this was the response “Freefall has been open from the traverse on Upper FIS. The traverse is on skier’s left about 3 tower snowguns down. Madonna Liftline was supposed to be open from Catwalk down to the Robin’s Run work road. Our double and triple black diamond trails open at 10am and close at 3pm.”

nhskier1969

Thinking about going to Tenny this weekend, I figure it shouldn't be too crowded. Sounds like they don't groom much, I like that maybe a Magic type feel. But I have to ask the forum, has anyone been there since they reopened. I noticed their double is 60 years old.