• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mont Tremblant Recommendations

crank

Been a few times and like staying in the village.

Nice to not have to drive once you get there.

Whitey

Poutine is God’s perfect food. I’m having some at Cranmore now.

I must be doing something wrong. I've tried it several times and I even lived in Canada for about 6 yrs (although I was too young to be into stuff like poutine). And nope, poutine just not doing it for me. And I am not a hard person to please with food. I like just about everything, just not poutine

Last edited:

EPB

that village is just an embodiment of everything i dislike about skiing. i try to avoid.
You should consider Quebec City if you're looking to diversify away from VT some time. Downside is you still need to drive a way to get to Sainte Anne, Le Massif and others (Massif du Sud is on my wish list).

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

yea massif and saint anne have been on my list for a long time. its just so far. drive 10 hours or take a flight. if im taking a flight to ski its prob not to quebec.

i went to qc with my french class in 9th grade and its definitely beautiful and would be fun as a grown up

mikec142

Skiing at Tremblant if you catch it right is a bunch of fun. I wouldn't call it the most challenging mountain, but you can have fun.

The high points have been hit in this thread. The one thing I would say, is that getting dinner in the south side village is fine, but I've never had anything that I loved and the beer selection is embarrassingly bad (especially if VT is your stomping ground). I've found that heading into town (10-15 minute drive) will get you a bunch of nice and delicious french bistros that eclipse anything in the village.

Grabbing a beer/drink apres' on a sunny day after skiing in the big open square at the base of the mountain is fun and makes for great people watching.