Squaw-Alpine Gondola supposedly a Go - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    I largely agree it is big marketing fluff.
    While I agree they confer a marketing advantage, I disagree in the premise they exist solely for marketing purposes.

I think mountain-connecting lifts are highly functional from a logistics & convenience standpoint (Slidebrook at Sugarbush, Quicksilver at Park City/Canyons). Effectively, they're more than simply ski lifts, they're functionality lifts.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    While I agree they confer a marketing advantage, I disagree in the premise they exist solely for marketing purposes.

I think mountain-connecting lifts are highly functional from a logistics & convenience standpoint (Slidebrook at Sugarbush, Quicksilver at Park City/Canyons). Effectively, they're more than simply ski lifts, they're functionality lifts.
    Over Easy at Stowe added a lot of efficiency. 2 minute ride to access either Mansfield or Spruce.

The Squaw - Alpine gondola would be an asset for the residents and guests of the Squaw Village redevelopment. 850+ units with direct access to either resort. Not sure status of project?
    Last edited by kendo; Feb 6, 2020 at 8:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    Easy Over at Stowe added a lot of efficiency. 2 minute ride to access either Mansfield or Spruce.

That's a great example too.

It was a P.I.T.A. to go between Spruce & Mansfield, waiting on that shuttle back-in-the-day.
    Last edited by BenedictGomez; Feb 6, 2020 at 4:41 PM.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    Easy Over at Stowe added a lot of efficiency. 2 minute ride to access either Mansfield or Spruce.

The Squaw - Alpine gondola would be an asset for the residents and guests of the Squaw Village redevelopment. 850+ units with direct access to either resort. Not sure status of project?
    Exactly. And it’s going to be great for tourists that have lodging in Squaw. That whole area has major traffic issues and this is really great for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    I largely agree it is big marketing fluff. But still it's a huge selling point in marketing/advertising and removes question if Squaw-Alpine is truly a unified resort. Apparently they don't think too many people will be using it as the capacity is 1,500pph, compared to the "standard capacity" of a gondola being between 2,400-2,800pph, with some gondolas able to push 3,000pph.
    Not quite, it's 1400 guest per hour per direction, so 2800 riders an hour when you add both directions capacity. Most lifts only have one loaded side, this will have both. Need wider spacing to accommodate that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by FBGM View Post
    San Fran Jerry’s will cream their jeans and come blow money.
    Well that would seem to be the point of the entire resort anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Keelhauled View Post
    Well that would seem to be the point of the entire resort anyway...
    Haha! Best post yet.

The “what does does this do for me” mentality just got fed some reality soup!

Again, did they resolve their disputes with the landowner sandwiched between the two resorts--White Wolf? That guy was recently in the San Francisco Chronicle talking about his plans--albeit in the works for many years if not decades--and he said he was not completely sold on the lift crossing his land and if the mid-station would allow skiers to enter/depart from his resort.

Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Again, did they resolve their disputes with the landowner sandwiched between the two resorts--White Wolf? That guy was recently in the San Francisco Chronicle talking about his plans--albeit in the works for many years if not decades--and he said he was not completely sold on the lift crossing his land and if the mid-station would allow skiers to enter/depart from his resort.
    Yes, Troy Caldwell, they came to an agreement quite a while ago. Unless he changed his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytrem View Post
    Yes, Troy Caldwell, they came to an agreement quite a while ago. Unless he changed his mind.
    I thought so as well, but I saw this article and it seemed unclear.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/travel/a...e-14928594.php
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information