• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bretton Woods - SuperBowl Sunday 2/2/2020

Gforce

We skied BW on Superbowl Sunday, overall conditions were great, we skied mostly off West Mountain, doing the Blues and the tree skiing. Some thin cover but by and large it was a lot of fun with practically no lift lines.

However, that claustrophobic Mess between the Gondola, Bethlehem Express and the Lodge is a Nightmare. It has been many years since I skied BW, that crowd created quite a hassle while arriving at the Mountain and then leaving. It reminded me of NYC subway at rush hour.

I am curious if this was just an outcome of the SB Sunday discount deal or a common occurrence on busy weekends. ??

Edd

I went there recently on a weekday so mellow crowds. The Zephyr wasn’t open. If it’s crowded, though, it kind of makes sense to run the lift lines on Bethlehem to lookers right. That way, it’s less likely to clash with the Gondy lines. Just speculating as I haven’t seen the weekend situation there.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

JDMRoma

We skied BW on Superbowl Sunday, overall conditions were great, we skied mostly off West Mountain, doing the Blues and the tree skiing. Some thin cover but by and large it was a lot of fun with practically no lift lines.

However, that claustrophobic Mess between the Gondola, Bethlehem Express and the Lodge is a Nightmare. It has been many years since I skied BW, that crowd created quite a hassle while arriving at the Mountain and then leaving. It reminded me of NYC subway at rush hour.

I am curious if this was just an outcome of the SB Sunday discount deal or a common occurrence on busy weekends. ??

That nightmare is the New normal on weekends and Holidays with the Gondola. Mid Week is Great with the Exception of them not running the Zephyr.

Good to know you can still avoid the lines over at west, Havent been back over since its been open ! Crowds were Insane early January !

Gforce

That nightmare is the New normal on weekends and Holidays with the Gondola. Mid Week is Great with the Exception of them not running the Zephyr.

Good to know you can still avoid the lines over at west, Havent been back over since its been open ! Crowds were Insane early January !

OK thanks, good to understand that. West was great, during the lunch hour we lapped several runs and had the trails mostly to ourselves. A whole different vibe as we ended up back at the bottom of Zephyr which was an utter Cluster F.

I did get a the sense the mountain is well managed, i'll go back soon but will avoid Saturday's for sure.

bdfreetuna

went twice this season mid-week and it was ski on lifts all day, maybe a few people ahead of me for the gondola

I like how close the lifts are to to the lodge, and how close I can park to the lodge as well. Can see that being a very different situation with 10x the visitors.