• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 2/5 & 2/6

JimG.

Staff member
Pretty crazy 2 days of skiing. 2/5 was sunny and cold. Groomers were fast and firm and a lot of fun. Not so much for naturals and trees. Frozen coral reef in trees but a good base. Naturals frozen also, skiable but not great. Southridge was the place to be, some decent bumps there and a bonus the quad was running.

I got up at 6am on 2/6 and was thrilled to see 6" of fluffy snow on my car. Got ready and hit the snow at 9:15. Went right to Snowden and the trees there skied fantastic. Spent the next 3 hours there and hardly noticed that the precip had changed to freezing rain. The snow had started to get heavier and developed a crust that made a strange zipping noise as I skied through it. By 1pm that noise became a crunching noise and the lifts started to close due to icing. Took 1 run on the Snowden triple which was the only lift open at that point and decided to call it a day at 1:30.

Very stoked I got an unexpected powder day before the rain hit. Great base for any snow that might fall on top of it today and tomorrow. Sorry no pics, I temporarily lost my phone. My base layer pants have pockets; put the cell in one of them, turns out it had a hole in it. When I finished booting up I reached for the phone and it was gone. It had slipped down my leg and was trapped near my boot cuff; didn't find it until I took my boots off, didn't waste time looking for it when powder was to be had!