Gore NY thread - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gore NY thread

Quote Originally Posted by Killingtime View Post
    There's a place in North Creek called the Alpine Lodge. Clean, renovated rooms and reasonably priced. I was surprised at how nice it was. Walking distance to a supermarket and a great restaurant called barVino. Five minutes to the mountain. Other than that not too much else in North Creek. Good luck, Gore is awesome.
    I grew up skiing at Gore and love it. I think (shhhhhh) that it blows away anything in Southern VT. The big problem is there are very few places to stay and very little to do Apres ski. I also find it to be a few degrees (sometimes more) colder than pretty much anywhere in VT. We are lucky that we have two close friends that have places in the area so we usually stay with them when we go.

Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    Lake George. There is not much up by Gore. Plus places to eat are far and few between near Gore.
    Lots of abnb's near gore; no more than ten minutes away. There is also the lodge at Beck's; that's kind of an old school motel, but Beck's Tavern is pretty cool for food and drinks. It's right around the corner from the entrance road on peaceful valley.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydaze View Post
    Any tips on places to stay by Gore?
    http://www.innongore.com/lodging/

2 of us paid 100 bucks a night (50 a piece- weekend ) - right on Pleasant Valley rd

Quote Originally Posted by faceplant View Post
    http://www.innongore.com/lodging/

2 of us paid 100 bucks a night (50 a piece- weekend ) - right on Pleasant Valley rd
    was the bed comfortable and the room quiet?
    2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Cannon [2/19]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Magic [3/1, 3/8]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Pico [2/23]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

Apres is for SoVT. Gore skiers get back to the cabin, stoke the fire, eat dinner and plan out the next day before crashing. A bunch of old farts really. We like it that way too.

This weekend:

That looks fantastic hoping to get out there with my wife next couple weeks.
    2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Cannon [2/19]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Magic [3/1, 3/8]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Pico [2/23]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Apres is for SoVT. Gore skiers get back to the cabin, stoke the fire, eat dinner and plan out the next day before crashing. A bunch of old farts really. We like it that way too.

This weekend:

Sweet pictures

beautiful gore pics. such great tree skiing there. i love my once yearly gore day. it will almost definitely be this sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    was the bed comfortable and the room quiet?
    I used to stay there when I went to Gore. "Rustic" is a good way to put it unless they've upgraded things a lot. Reminded me more of staying at a cabin in the woods than an Inn. Completely fine for me, but I could see some people not liking it.

Those pics were Saturday, here are a few from Sunday...

North Creek

Bobby K

Dark Side

High Pines

Cave

Thread Information