• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gore NY thread

pinion

More importantly, do you guys have any comments on how he refers to children in his above responses or do you not want to talk about that????

30+ years of reading various types of message boards has left me desensitized to trolling. Reason #1 why I would make a terrible moderator.

cdskier

Lord have mercy, I have an opinion that is different from the majority! Well atleast you guys are in good company, the grim reaper and child basher, KustyTheKlown, agrees with your stances about not having a hotel at the base of Gore as well.

More importantly, do you guys have any comments on how he refers to children in his above responses or do you not want to talk about that????

I agree with the stance of not having a hotel at the base of Gore. I think KTK's other comments are childish, pathetic and completely uncalled for.

KustyTheKlown

wahhhhh a stranger on an internet message board was mean to me. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

JimG.

Staff member
Kusty you've got to chill out.

I know you don't like kids and familys. But you don't have to be insulting to others about it.

You should be happy your parents didn't feel like you do.

KustyTheKlown

my first post was substantive - why there should be no hotel at gore. the only remotely confrontational thing i said was to 'keep your bougie shit at your vail properties', which isn't bad, nor was it personally directed at snowflake tony, and its true and was echoed by others.

it was only after cool guy tony felt butt-hurt over being wrong on the substantive topic that he brought up 'death wishes', at which point i returned fire.

and i stand by it - anti vax douchebags who come to niche skiing message boards to spread disinformation and propaganda are way better off dead.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
I haven't been paying close enough attention to know who likes kids and who is anti-vax.

I just said I don't want a hotel at Gore. I realize that (in general, not here) that is quite likely a minority opinion among the general skiing public.

Bosco DaSkia

Your problem. Not ours. Take it someplace else and stop being a dick. If you can’t, perhaps you should take a break from the Internet for a while.

NYDB

I'm no gore expert. I haven't been in 25+ years since college but wouldn't an awesome base lodge be better at the other base area?

x10003q

FYI - there is an approved plan for mulitple hotels, townhouses, and SFHs at Gore's Ski Bowl base. It was approved in 2008.

cdskier

FYI - there is an approved plan for mulitple hotels, townhouses, and SFHs at Gore's Ski Bowl base. It was approved in 2008.

True, although it also would be privately funded (and on privately owned land at the base of the ski bowl) and the overall timeline for completion was expected to be 8-10 years from whenever it starts.

x10003q

True, although it also would be privately funded (and on privately owned land at the base of the ski bowl) and the overall timeline for completion was expected to be 8-10 years from whenever it starts.
Yes - Front Street - they have built a handful of units. It has only been 14 years. This is right on schedule in Gore years.

urungus

So Gore has 105 trails and just a few are still old school weird. Still, slowly those trails are getting straightened and made to match the other 100. Why is that necessary?
Hey Harvey, “old school weird” is my favorite kind trail. Any suggestions on what trails to try next time I am at Gore, only been there once before and not much was open.

tnt1234

lol. you're cute and funny.

a new lodge is a public facility that serves all skiers at the mountain. a new hotel is a private facility that only serves rich fucks like yourself and their stinky smelly dirty children. dumb dumb.

gore and whiteface are ski areas in a state park. they are public recreation areas, not ski resorts. go to lake placid and lake george for beds and restaurants. go to okemo for on mountain bullshit. okemo is your speed anyway.
Wow. That's harsh.

Whats the difference between a new lodge where people have to pay $90 a day to use for a few hours and a new hotel that people have to pay $200 to use overnight?

And what's with calling kids stinky and and dirty? WTF?