Gore NY thread - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Gore NY thread

Just booked a hotel room in North Creek for my annual Gore trip. Glad to see the improvements. Gore always had a unfinished feeling to me, with tons of untapped potential.

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by Killingtime View Post
    Just booked a hotel room in North Creek for my annual Gore trip. Glad to see the improvements. Gore always had a unfinished feeling to me, with tons of untapped potential.
    Had not been to Gore in over 5 years until this past March. What an improvement! Now with the 2 new chairs, not too shabby. My son bought a season pass last March and only used it 2 days before Covid took over. Has all this season.

I will be up there more this winter. And then next winter we will be living near Lake George. I will still visit Huntah at least once a month, since I have been skiing there since 1972.

Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    Thanks for the report Harvey! Great work.
    Thanks man.

The Dark Side, to me, is everything below Cloud on that side. Not just the trees next to that lift line. The whole thing is skiable, almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Killingtime View Post
    untapped potential.
    That's the key to Gore. Tapping the untapped.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I always assumed it was called the Dark Side due to the aspect of those trails where they don't tend to see as much sun. I could be wrong though...

Here's an older trail map where in the description for the "High Peaks Area" it refers to it as "The Dark Side":
    https://skimap.org/data/320/2109/1448562247.jpg
    Thanks cd skier for that info, haven’t skied gore in awhile, think it’s a great place to ski, tend to go vt than ny for weekend ski trips

Thread Information