• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush 2/8, Pico 2/9

sankaty

Sugarbush was sublime the morning of 2/8. Run of the day was fluffy bumps on Spillisville. Also loved Middle Earth, though decided the Castlerock line was too long to merit a repeat. Paradise was fun (maybe my favorite SB terrain), but some exposed rocks in the usual places. Took a couple of laps on Lixi's as well. Snow was generally great, with some scratch coming through in the troughs and higher-traffic steeps later in the day. It's been a while since I've been to SB, and I really missed it.

Skied Pico on the way home Sunday 2/9. Much less snow at Pico post changeover on Friday, and it showed with lots of crust on ungroomed trails. That said, plenty of soft snow on the edges of the lower angle stuff. The upper trees were firm, but actually quite fun as the snow was grippy and predictable and coverage was good. Lapped Upper KA woods to the lower woods most of the day.

Lincoln Summit
qV8Bs4J.jpg

Selfie in Paradise
3jT1eMg.jpg

Upper KA Woods
79fnXjW.jpg

Upper KA reflection
bC3ROav.jpg

Last edited:

gnardawg

You didn't ski Pico - everyone knows it sucks and no actually skis there....

rocks860

I skied sugarbush 2/10,11 and 13 and it was great. Pretty much deserted on the first two days as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk