• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing Alone ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottySkis

80% of my days are alone and while I'd like my wife to get out there more often (tough schedule), and one day my kid will be on skis, I love the time alone and crush vert way quicker on my own.

I don't like being subjected to the will of others when I'm skiing. I find time is wasted going with friends and skiing is too expensive and important to me to dick around, show up late, and disagree if we're going to ski this or that.

It's a good family activity though.

+10000

Zand

I ski alone probably 90% of the time. The only time it works against me is a day at a place like Wachusett. Skiing with friends can make a boring place fun, but other than early season I just can't do it.

When I'm in Vermont I sometimes end up going with someone or meet someone on here, but oftentimes do that solo too.

This is my 4th trip west and I've done all of them alone. Out of the 20 days I've skied out here, 19 have been solo, one time I met a friend who lives out here. But every trip I've had at least one day of skiing with locals that I meet on the lift. When I'm alone and want to ski something for the first time that I'm not comfortable doing myself, I'll wait for someone else to go in. Sometimes they notice me skiing those places alone and that's another way to meet people and be shown better stuff. Sometimes I hang back and just kind of keep them in view in case anything goes wrong I can yell ahead for help.

I'm going to Utah in April and the wife is coming along for that one. She doesn't ski but we've been looking at things to do such as a Bees game, a trip to Lagoon, and maybe a ride to Antelope Island. Plus check out downtown SLC.

Smellytele

While I am usually the alpha when I ski with others. Sometimes they don’t comply and it bugs me to bend to the will of others while skiing. I sometimes ask them what they want to do when I don’t care. Don’t have to deal with it when alone.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
stopped skiing alone or stopped skiing?

Stopped skiing alone.

I was in the Plattekill sidecountry in some extremely deep snow. I came over a set of rollers - not sure how else to describe them - and the spacing was such that the third one just planted me shoulder first in the snow. I wasn't physically hurt, or so I thought, but when I got up, something weird was happening.

After reading about it I think I may have had a concussion. There was no real impact on my head, but maybe the sudden-ness of the stop.

My vision was completely over exposed. Everything was white and I was disoriented. There were four of us, two were ahead, but my friend Ed was with me. While I was telling him "I wasn't hurt" that clearly wasn't true.

Ed refused to ski ahead and if he had I think I would have been in deep shit. 15 or 20 minutes later we skied down through the trees slowly. When we got out to the car, not sure, I think I might have partially lost consciousness. I could hear everything, but it was weird.

It scared the crap out of me. Until recently I never considered I might have had a concussion. I never got sick to my stomach, and by the time we got back to the hill I actually felt pretty good, and skied the rest of the day.

But Ed clearly saved my ass.

Sirbannedalot

Stopped skiing alone.

I was in the Plattekill sidecountry in some extremely deep snow. I came over a set of rollers - not sure how else to describe them - and the spacing was such that the third one just planted me shoulder first in the snow. I wasn't physically hurt, or so I thought, but when I got up, something weird was happening.

After reading about it I think I may have had a concussion. There was no real impact on my head, but maybe the sudden-ness of the stop.

My vision was completely over exposed. Everything was white and I was disoriented. There were four of us, two were ahead, but my friend Ed was with me. While I was telling him "I wasn't hurt" that clearly wasn't true.

Ed refused to ski ahead and if he had I think I would have been in deep shit. 15 or 20 minutes later we skied down through the trees slowly. When we got out to the car, not sure, I think I might have partially lost consciousness. I could hear everything, but it was weird.

It scared the crap out of me. Until recently I never considered I might have had a concussion. I never got sick to my stomach, and by the time we got back to the hill I actually felt pretty good, and skied the rest of the day.

But Ed clearly saved my ass.

Clearly a case of acute vaginitis. Put some cream on it and get back out there.

raisingarizona

While I am usually the alpha when I ski with others. Sometimes they don’t comply and it bugs me to bend to the will of others while skiing. I sometimes ask them what they want to do when I don’t care. Don’t have to deal with it when alone.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I bet most folks are happy to let you go do your own thing.

raisingarizona

Clearly a case of acute vaginitis. Put some cream on it and get back out there.

Small penis? Struggling terminal intermediate skier? Mommy issues?

Or just a see you en tee?

Anyways, I get kind of bored skiing by myself and tend to get lazy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.