• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Greek peak ?

Cornhead

Beware chair 5, rollback of 10-12ft swatted a woman sideways off the loading platform. Look for Greek Peak on the national news soon for catastrophic chairlift rollback. Be prepared to jump.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Beware chair 5, rollback of 10-12ft swatted a woman sideways off the loading platform. Look for Greek Peak on the national news soon for catastrophic chairlift rollback. Be prepared to jump.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

Went there for the first time this season. Lifts were absolutely terrifying. There's "old" then there's just not maintained.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Aren't these lifts inspected by the state every year?

I'm no expert on the subject, but from my understanding calling it an "inspection" is a strong word. Given the technical scope and the risk factor involved in *if* the unthinkable were to happen, ski lifts are massively unregulated.

Your car is inspected every year by the state too. They check the basics and make sure everything is there. But not much beyond that. It's up to you, the motorist, to make sure you're properly maintaining everything, saving you from a more costly repair. Same with these lifts (again, from secondhand sources/rumors) everything may be there in an inspection but it's the mountain that maintains them beyond the standard to keep them running/functioning properly.

skibum636

I think the chair lift at the state fair runs better than any lift at greek peak.

skibum636

What’s worse is if they raise their ticket prices the same as the the passes.

bdfreetuna

Went there for the first time this season. Lifts were absolutely terrifying. There's "old" then there's just not maintained.

So did you get rust flakes in the ass, obvious deep rust on the towers and support beams, or were the pulley wheels wobbling to and fro?

Just curious what made you call it terrifying. I've never skied there and have no ulterior motive.

asnowmobiler

They looked very old and rough when I was there a few weeks ago but never felt like they weren’t safe or saw anything dangerous.

skibum636

They looked very old and rough when I was there a few weeks ago but never felt like they weren’t safe or saw anything dangerous.

Skied there for 30yrs. Seeing how that place operates I wouldn’t put my butt on chair 2,4 or 5.

ScottySkis

Nice way to dueing it

"Attention Greek Peak Seasonal Staff:

The Food & Beverage Team will be distributing care packages today for any of our seasonal staff. Please pull up to the entrance of Hope Lake Lodge and remain in your car. We will bring the care package to you. Care packages will be available starting at 10am and we will hand food out until it is gone today.

Slidebrook87

Chair 2 is in rough shape but is extremely reliable. It’s one of only a handful Carlevaro & Savio lifts left in the country. The chairs have been replaced but everything else is original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk