• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow condition?

abc

Haven’t seen any mention of Mt Snow lately. Wonder if they got snow or rain in this week’s storm...?

drjeff

Haven’t seen any mention of Mt Snow lately. Wonder if they got snow or rain in this week’s storm...?

Roughly 8" of snow fell, with a little glazing at the end is what my friends who have been skiing all week have told me. Crust essentially wasn't an issue at all. Mountain is apparently skiing very nicely right now, arguably as good as it's been since early December when it was REALLY GOOD.

Method9455

It was very good today, solid cover everywhere and most runs have decent surface conditions. Should be a good weekend.

IMG_20200221_125829.jpg

abc

I got there about lunch time. Had the mountain to myself for a couple hours! Lifts and trails both empty. Nice coverage, thick layer of loose snow along the edge. Had fun!

Until the herd finished lunch and come out to scrape the snow away, that is. Plus a few idiots straight lining while barely in control. That’s when I left. Still, a good 3 hr with no lines and no crowds was not bad at all.

Was the other 159 page thread not good enough to ask this simple question in?
You kidding me? To risk getting the answer buried in 15 new pages about everything else?

Last edited:

FBGM

I got there about lunch time. Had the mountain to myself for a couple hours! Lifts and trails both empty. Nice coverage, thick layer of loose snow along the edge. Had fun!

Until the herd finished lunch and come out to scrape the snow away, that is. Plus a few idiots straight lining while barely in control. That’s when I left. Still, a good 3 hr with no lines and no crowds was not bad at all.

You kidding me? To risk getting the answer buried in 15 new pages about everything else?

True that - hear there are bunch of trolls on that there thread clogging the pipes and flow of useful Mt Snow banter.

But the real question here is - did a lift break?

abc

True that - hear there are bunch of trolls on that there thread clogging the pipes and flow of useful Mt Snow banter.

But the real question here is - did a lift break?
Don't know. :) I only look for lifts that were spinning.

It's been some years since I skied at Snow (I used to ski there frequently). So while I vaguely remember the layout of the mountain, I didn't remember enough detail to ski any specific trails. I just went wherever looking appealing, or guessing where it could be good. Some of those guesses worked out, some didn't work quite as well. But I had fun nonetheless. Even made a few shortcuts through the woods. Not appealing enough to repeat, though perfectly skiable.

You raised a more serious question regarding these long running mountain specific threads though. Are these better than Facebook?

To be honest, I had basically ignored most of these threads. So much so I didn't even realize there's one on Mt Snow. :oops:

Last edited: