• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter's newest stupid idea!

catskillman

Wait, Chaos? Europe? Say it ain't so. So why do so many Americans want to be more like Euro's? More taxes, less freedom, sub-par health care, and worst of all, less manners?

perspective I guess. Soon as I get to Chamonix I will be as bad-ass American as I can and wear an American flag and cut people off. if thats how we are protrayed, might as well fit the mold.

Live every day like its sudden death overtime . .

I have been to Chamonix and half a dozed other resorts in Europe. The only place I saw major pushiness in the lift was in the Val di Fassa area of italy. Europe is a entirely different experience - all for the better. And for the last several years it is less expensive to go to Europe than go to a major US or Canadian resort

kingslug

St Anton..massive lift closures due to avi danger ...massive chaos on the few lufts running..but we all got up to where we were going..eventualy..
88 lifts..maybe 15 running..

FBGM

Wait, Chaos? Europe? Say it ain't so. So why do so many Americans want to be more like Euro's? More taxes, less freedom, sub-par health care, and worst of all, less manners?

We might be rednecks comparaded to sofisticated aristocrisy, but we seem to get along better - maybe because all the different ethnic groups came here to get away from some of that.

1st world problems but I single up with my 9 year old almost always now - he doesn't wanna wait. When with my ski buds, we just chat, take in the different people in line, and generally. . . .well, I'm getting old I guess because I hated any wait whatsoever when I skied 8-10 days a year - but the 80's were much longer lines where HSQ were just a dream of a few. . .

perspective I guess. Soon as I get to Chamonix I will be as bad-ass American as I can and wear an American flag and cut people off. if thats how we are protrayed, might as well fit the mold.

You guys are a great read when I need mid day entertainment - thx.

Live every day like its sudden death overtime . .

I just wanted to let you know that I’m actually the best skier on the mountain.

1dog

I have been to Chamonix and half a dozed other resorts in Europe. The only place I saw major pushiness in the lift was in the Val di Fassa area of italy. Europe is a entirely different experience - all for the better. And for the last several years it is less expensive to go to Europe than go to a major US or Canadian resort

I'm not sure about that less expensive side - went to Revelstoke and lodging and food were discounted by 20% due to dollar strength - paid $350 for the r/t air from Boston - I expect a huge experience in Europe when the snow is good - but less expensive? I don't/won't stay at $400 a night hotels - we generally rent $300-$500 a night houses that sleep 10-12 - so. . . . and we eat in at least one meal a day.

Still - its a goal - cost notwithstanding - I just don't expect it to be cheaper than a flight to SLC or Denver - now that we have Mass Pass stuff that lowere lift ticket costs significantly.

kingslug

I go with a ski club so there are 35 to 40 of us. Sometimes though we can find better air fare deals.
On this last trip to St Anton the lift tix are cheap but if you want to ski the good stuff you need a guide. Split between 5 of us it was an extra 100 a day per person..but we all lived through it..so money well spent. :)

catskillman

I go with a ski club so there are 35 to 40 of us. Sometimes though we can find better air fare deals.
On this last trip to St Anton the lift tix are cheap but if you want to ski the good stuff you need a guide. Split between 5 of us it was an extra 100 a day per person..but we all lived through it..so money well spent. :)
exactly - ski clubs get volume discounts and a lot of extras. Not just on trips but on passes (even epic) transportation,
logo wear you name it.

Non ski related things also.

And most have houses in VT it seems. Most charge an annual membership fee - usually under $50

KustyTheKlown

Wow, hadn't heard about that. Sounds like things are moving in the right direction. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

Scott posted pics of Robb skiing pow this past weekend. Must have been super cathartic for him