• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Midweek skiing at mega pass resorts

snoseek

Midweek skiers can you tell me if your local hill has changed volume wise. I realize weekends and holidays are a shitshow but I mostly ski midweek and would be skiing smaller areas on the few times I did go weekends. I really like chill midweek skiing.

Has wildcat stayed mostly the same? How about killington or sugarbush?

Edd

There’s been an uptick at Wildcat. Nothing crazy. A bartender there told me she’s seen a lot of unfamiliar faces this season.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I primarily ski at Killington Thursdays/Fridays peak season late December-mid-March. They say "Friday is the new Saturday" but I disagree. Trails are more populated but they run their full slate of weekend lifts (Needle's Eye, Bear, Canyon, North Ridge, South Ridge) so lift lines are non-existent and personally I'm fine with slightly more busy main trails if it means better access to the Canyon, South Ridge, Needle's, and Bear. Thursdays are as dead as always.

kendo

4 trips and 16 days (all Mondays - Thurs) at Stowe so far this year. No lines and empty slopes. Have 2 more Stowe trips booked. Epic pass has been a great investment.

abc

The past week was on the busy side though. And the coming week is VT/NH school break. So it maybe a little busier?

I’m just seeing a slightly tighter lodging and elevated price.

skiur

I primarily ski at Killington Thursdays/Fridays peak season late December-mid-March. They say "Friday is the new Saturday" but I disagree. Trails are more populated but they run their full slate of weekend lifts (Needle's Eye, Bear, Canyon, North Ridge, South Ridge) so lift lines are non-existent and personally I'm fine with slightly more busy main trails if it means better access to the Canyon, South Ridge, Needle's, and Bear. Thursdays are as dead as always.

At K Friday is the new Sunday, not saturday.....Sundays have been pretty empty at K the last 2 years while fridays have been much busier. After 1:00 on Sunday the lifts are pretty much ski on lately.

KustyTheKlown

killington was ski on all day yesterday except for a slow down at the snowdon 6 when the lift stopped running for about 10 minutes. was surprised at the light crowds especially with the subaru winterfest event happening at bear. was way more quiet than the bear mountain mogul challenge. kind of expected a similar party vibe at bear, but it was much more subdued. k skied pretty good. soft snow in the sun. some exposed slopes were getting a beating tho. lots of dirt and rocks on devil's fiddle, royal flush, and other south/east facing naturals. on the flip side, great cover in julio/juanita, anarcy etc facing north/west

JimG.

Staff member
Yeah K was pretty empty yesterday as opposed to Saturday which was a complete and total zoo. We skied the same areas Kusty hit yesterday and his description of conditions are on the money.

An occasional weekend trip always renews and strengthens my gratitude for being a weekday skier.

jimk

I've done midweek skiing at Breck, Vail, Keystone, Park City and a lot at Snowbird. It's been good. My friday at Vail in late Jan was probably the busiest but tolerable. Snowbird is good unless there is 6"+ new snow, then weekdays can get crazy.