• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lodge Fire at Mt. Tom

Newpylong

Mt Tom is on the west side of 91. The only way I remember ever seeing Tom from 91 was when it was lit up at night, and iirc only the top maybe 1/3 of it was visible. These are all pretty young memories for me (<10 yrs old) but I grew up in the Hartford CT area and my dad and I did many trips up 91 to Tom and VT. Apologies if I'm rambling too much. Mt Tom always invokes nostalgia fo me[emoji53]

No need to apologize, I could go on about Brodie for hours. Other than a couple pictures, all I have are memories of a place I spent the majority of my youth winter.

twinplanx

No need to apologize, I could go on about Brodie for hours. Other than a couple pictures, all I have are memories of a place I spent the majority of my youth winter.
Brodie was definitely a cool mountain! Went on a couple of bus trips there in jr/sr HS. We had heard that they colored the slopes green for St. Pattys day. Must have been good enough one year to get there not long after to see it for myself. Still mad that it's all condos or whatever now...

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

mister moose

Similar here, quite a few family ski trips and weekends but essentially no photos because no one packed a bulky camera. Lots of days at Brodie, nights as well. Brodie (more than any other mountain) had several types of lights, sodium, mercury vapor and quartz, so the trails were multi colored blue pink and white at night. In their day they had the best snowmaking in the Pittsfield area. Lots of days at Bousquet after Brodie closed.

Pez

Worth the 5 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone