• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2020 bike season

ScottySkis

With weather being what is been down here in Middletown NY ready to start biking
I rode about 6 miles in February
Maybe this thread bring back winter or spring conditions.
I mostly likely done skiing if it does not snow or no spring conditions in Catskills I ok with that.
As a winter person who likes all season just ready to move on from pretty terrible season for South North East
Wish I lived north of Albany

ScottySkis

Friday March 14 2020
5 miles ridden in beautiful afternoon that got near 70 in Middletown
No others coming in my space on bike compared to ski and snowboard hills
I glad mid Hudson Valley has so many beautiful bike spot s
Also really looking forward to completion of rail trail from Middletown to Goshen
The other half from Goshen to Monroe has some nice riding was completely like 20 years ago

ScottySkis

Sunday today March 14 . 6 miles on my old bike yes I went to quick check for lunch
No lines or people in there I say if was 90% less people to normal lunch hour
I did expect that but said to reality

ScottySkis

Tuesday st patty day
4 miles in 44 minutes in hills of Hudson Valley.
Good day with nice sun
No need for lunch break

boston_e

Riding season definitely seemed to start early here in North Shore Massachusetts. People have been out for a couple of weeks at least and we got out for our first ride on Saturday. Great ride - 8.8 Miles in one of our local state forests. I couldn't believe how dry the trails were overall (especially for the end of March). In a way it felt strange to be out (almost like we flipped a switch instantly from ski season to Mt Bike season).

Who knows but we may be making an early gravitation towards biking over skiing this spring.

boston_e

Another 10 miles in Willowdale State forest this past weekend (North Shore Mass), trails are in great shape. Will probably mix it up this weekend and try Georgetown Rowley state forest or venture up to southern New Hampshire and check out Stratham Hill or Exeter. Definitely an early start to the bike season..... seems like skiing is fully in our rear view mirror at this point, although we may go for one more spring skiing day at Killington if the mood strikes us.

boston_e

As I suspected earlier we have pretty much made the full switch to biking at this point. Still may sneak in a last Superstar day if it strikes us but hard to pull away from the bikes at this point. We have pretty much been on a Willowdale, Stratham Hill, Georgetown Rowley rotation. The riding conditions have been great!