• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SuperPasses 20/21

jimmywilson69

not sure on that... I know if you lock in now you only pay $49 and the rest is charged in September or something.

abc

Perhaps I'm missing it, but what is the Early Bird price cut off date for Epic?
There's no set date.

Also, instead of raising the price, last year they start taking away the "freebies" like buddy pass etc.

If you give them your e-mail address, you'll be bombarded with announcement of such price-increase/benefit-reduction ahead of time.

thebigo

Overall our costs go down vs peak but we add sunapee and february vacation week option at stowe.

I may be missing it but there does not appear to be a northeast pass for kids 7 - 13. Ages 5 & 6 are $49 and under 5 are free, absolute steal.

prsboogie

Overall our costs go down vs peak but we add sunapee and february vacation week option at stowe.

I may be missing it but there does not appear to be a northeast pass for kids 7 - 13. Ages 5 & 6 are $49 and under 5 are free, absolute steal.
Have to buy Local Passes for the kids - $379 a piece.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

pauldotcom

While snowboards do have a negative impact on moguls, it is minor and overblown to the point of being basically inconsequential. The two best mountains for moguls in New England are Sugarbush and Killington. Both have better lines and spacing than MRG; not to say MRG bumps are bad. AlpineZone mobile app

This post is fake news. Seriously, how could anyone claim this?

gregnye

The worst thing is that the drifter pass is now gone. That was $400 and unlimited to Peaks Resorts

Now, it's $600, and you just have Okemo, Sunapee and 10 days at Stowe.

I know so many people age 20-30 that have used this pass for many years. The really question is whether they will pay the $200 price increase and get the new england one, or will they choose better alternatives like Boyne's Nitro New England pass that's $400 and Loon, Sugarloaf and Sunday River??

machski

The worst thing is that the drifter pass is now gone. That was $400 and unlimited to Peaks Resorts

Now, it's $600, and you just have Okemo, Sunapee and 10 days at Stowe.

I know so many people age 20-30 that have used this pass for many years. The really question is whether they will pay the $200 price increase and get the new england one, or will they choose better alternatives like Boyne's Nitro New England pass that's $400 and Loon, Sugarloaf and Sunday River??
You're assuming Nitro comes back, Boyne hasn't announced NEP lineup yet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

Not fake news - Killington really is one of the best mountains in New England for bumps. When they're not grooming everything flat, at least.

killington is not even close to being guilty of that cardinal sin of stratton and okemo. k leaves a lot of stuff ungroomed every day.

Domeskier

killington is not even close to being guilty of that cardinal sin of stratton and okemo. k leaves a lot of stuff ungroomed every day.

I really only ski there in April and May. The strips they groom up the middle of Superstar practically every spring morning are an abomination. So many beautiful zipper lines destroyed to feed the early morning groomer crowd before they head to their cars at 9:30am for parking lot barbecue.

KustyTheKlown

on a typical 100% midwinter day they generally report about 80 of 140 trails groomed. lots of stuff never ever sees a groomer

JimG.

Staff member
I really only ski there in April and May. The strips they groom up the middle of Superstar practically every spring morning are an abomination. So many beautiful zipper lines destroyed to feed the early morning groomer crowd before they head to their cars at 9:30am for parking lot barbecue.

As a passholder I agree with Kusty; one reason I love K is that they do leave a lot of terrain ungroomed.

I ski until the end of April but I also agree with you that the incessant grooming of SS all spring is silly. I guess you have to try to please all clients even if only 1 trail is open. I give K credit for spending the money to groom anything in May.