• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Kudo's to Hunter (Really Vail)

zyk

I've found this surprising as I thought the snowmaking cutoff used to be mid February. Not complaining mind you, just interesting. Also it seems every time they turn on the guns they hit overlook on the north side. Not sure why? It would be a great late season trail but the lack of infrastructure over there makes it impractical. A bit of a puzzler I guess.

kendo

Also it seems every time they turn on the guns they hit overlook on the north side. Not sure why?

Vail marketing going for the longest season in the East. Keep one or two well protected trails open mornings - thru whenever it melts out. Bring a cooler and a couple pop up chairs and you've got your infrastructure!

Slidebrook87

Hopefully Annapurna can open again next year. It’s a shame that the West Side has been left to grow in for so many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newpylong

Define grown in. They typically all get mowed.

As for snowmaking, Purna received it in 2017. Westway on the other hand, been a long time.

Scruffy

They haven't mowed Westway for at least 4-5 years now. They trimmed under the lift and near the bottom, but top to middle is sapling city. They need to let it grow in and actually plant some pine trees as wind a break. Cut two glade runs so the snow holds in there. Keep an open run on skiers left next to the fence and update the snowmaking there and over on Annapurna.

danimals

0100b98244fe8bb66414e2bf949bdb44.jpg

Current state of westway.

zyk

Define grown in. They typically all get mowed.

As for snowmaking, Purna received it in 2017. Westway on the other hand, been a long time.

Punta doesn't look bad but if I recall correctly it has those old black tower guns. Maybe waiting for a snowmaking upgrade. As for Westway... Just a big scar on the mountain. Great on a powder day but Hunter just doesn't get the natural to support it. There is plumbing on both sides so they could split it and make snow on both.

asnowmobiler

I could never understand how they could let a trail go to shit right under a lift for everyone to see.
It looks like it could be an awesome trail really let it rip, Super G style.

Slidebrook87

When I skied Hunter last March I was shocked to see the condition of that trail. I still wonder why they dumped the money into installing a new (relocated) lift over there if nobody is going to ride it because all the terrain it serves is closed! Shame on Hunter.

FBGM

When I skied Hunter last March I was shocked to see the condition of that trail. I still wonder why they dumped the money into installing a new (relocated) lift over there if nobody is going to ride it because all the terrain it serves is closed! Shame on Hunter.

This was peak resorts just blowing chode as usual. Vail will get that stuff up and going next year to spread the Jerry’s out more.