• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing in costumes

Glenn

So I've seen a bunch of individuals this year skiing in costumes. I'm probably showing my age, but here goes... They look like some sort of pajama onsie thing. I've seen a dude in a unicorn costume and yesterday we had the pleasure of riding the lift with two females wearing what I guessed were penguin costumes. One subscribed to the "Hay, I'm gonna put this bluetooth speaker in my backpack so you can all enjoy my tunes!" philosophy. At least the music wasn't horrendous.

Anways...is skiing in costume a thing now?

NYDB

I love seeing people skiing and riding in unicorn onesies and other costumes outfits. The best is when they are really ripping in them. They are having fun and the more fun the more better. My kids love seeing them.

People can stick their speakers right up their asses though. If I want to listen to tunes when I'm riding I'll turn on my bluetooth chips. thanks.

Glenn

I'm aligned with that philosophy. Costumes are what they area...but the music. I know there's another thread about that here.

NYDB

It kind of reminds me of the MTB world. People wear costumes in events /races all the time. Especially single speed mtb. Its just a reminder not to take life / sport too seriously. We all out there trying to have fun.

bdfreetuna

Stowe had a slalom race for cross dressers/trans-whatever a couple years back (small course in front of the gondola lodge).

Needless to say they were all wearing costumes and the Cher was cranked up to 11.

abc

I ski in spring time a lot. See a lot of creative costume. Or little clothing. It's festive.

Skiing is for fun. The more lively, the better as far as I'm concern.

Boxtop Willie

One of the kids's instructors at Sugarbush wears a tu-tu...every day. The kids love it. And she rocks it.

jaytrem

Bit off topic, but was surprised to see a lifty with the f-this f-that music cranking yesterday at Mount Snow.