• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best Base Area Bars

Newpylong

Sunrise is one of the few places in K to get a civilized lunch. The pasta bar is excellent for dinner too. They need to step up the beer selection though.

That's my take on it. Why spend $12 in the zoo in one of the lodge cafeterias when you can have a decent sit down lunch for the same in relative peace?

Shredmonkey254

At the summit of Pico Pass you can have a Guiness with a shamrock artfully poured into the head. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[/LEFT][/QUOTE]

Thats the best Guinness poured this side of the Atlantic!

smac75

The Den at Stowe is great. I really like CastleRock Pub at SB, just wish it had a view.

Not sure what the inside of the new K1 will look like, but its going to have 2 legit stories with lots of glass I wouldn't rule it out just yet...

Why I love Green Mountain (M Ellen) bar so much more - the view is 100x better than CR.

SIKSKIER

The topo map for Cannon puts the Café 4080 100+ feet shy of the actual summit as well. never been there. Maybe the map is lying or I'm reading it wrong. It would be pretty cool to have a bar at the actual summit of the mountain with 360 degree views

You can only see east to north from the summit station.The bar has a nice view of Mt Lafayette.

Attachments

• IMG_20160326_093052761.jpg
    IMG_20160326_093052761.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 100

jimmywilson69

Sunrise is one of the few places in K to get a civilized lunch. The pasta bar is excellent for dinner too. They need to step up the beer selection though.

That's my take on it. Why spend $12 in the zoo in one of the lodge cafeterias when you can have a decent sit down lunch for the same in relative peace?

nothing to see here... you guys are crazy ;)

Kleetus

Of all the places I've been in no particular order:

-Black Line Tavern at Magic
-General Stark's at MRG
-Umbrella Bars at K (I know not open all season but awesome on a spring day)
-6th Alley at A-Basin
-Snorting Elk Cellar at Crystal

So Inclined

Not "base area," but here's one vote for the Meister Hut at Cranmore. A small, simple, summit(ish) place to grab a beer is all I really want - it's my personal-traditional "end of the MWV trip" spot.

sull1102

My vote goes to Whistlepig Pavilion over at Spruce Peak.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ceo

I thought there was beer on tap at K's peak bar (which is a very nice spot on a clear day)

The 4000 Footers list is NH-specific. The cafe itself is just barely at 4000 feet, as far as I can tell from Google Maps (and only because it's on the second floor).

jaywbigred

little did you know hill farmstead only sends skunked old kegs to mount snow. their skiers wouldnt be able to tell the difference.
Well that's inflammatory and also not true.

It's been a few years since I've been to LP, so likely the list has improved. Distribution is up for several of VT better brewers, so not surprised more bars are gaining access to them. 21 taps though I haven't heard anyone match yet.

Station Tap Room has 23 according to Untappd. Another 10 at the Bullwheel at the summit. Usually no/not much overlap. That's not counting the canned options at either place or at the separate "bar" called Canned which is at the base downstairs from the Station Tap Room. I use "" around "bar" because really it is just a walk-up window to grab a can while sitting/sunning/eating outside.

Anyway, I am admittedly a Mt. Snow fanboy but I am also an insufferable beer nerd/snob, so I do believe that we have it pretty good when it comes to draft offerings available around the mountain.​

My vote goes to Whistlepig Pavilion over at Spruce Peak.
That sounds awesome!!! Want to try!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

Well that's inflammatory and also not true.

Station Tap Room has 23 according to Untappd. Another 10 at the Bullwheel at the summit. Usually no/not much overlap. That's not counting the canned options at either place or at the separate "bar" called Canned which is at the base downstairs from the Station Tap Room. I use "" around "bar" because really it is just a walk-up window to grab a can while sitting/sunning/eating outside.

Anyway, I am admittedly a Mt. Snow fanboy but I am also an insufferable beer nerd/snob, so I do believe that we have it pretty good when it comes to draft offerings available around the mountain.[/LEFT]

Yup, our beloved Taproom has 3 separate 7 tap banks and then 2 casks pouring tasty hoppy offerings :beer:

bdfreetuna

I had the Mt Snow IPA (maybe had a different name) at Cuzzins this year. Pretty good, a lot better than Jay Peak's Tram Ale.

KustyTheKlown

ski the east has their own IPA now brewed by long trail. havent tried yet.

i think lawsons may brew something for sugarbush?

machski

Have to give a shout out to the newly redone Shipyard at White Cap Sunday River. A few of the better bar tenders from Camp even jumped to that ship. Great setup, real wood outdoor fire pit and great drafts. Great food selections too!

Weekends they are using upstairs White Cap as a music and entertainment venue (which it had been reconfigured for by the mountain before they abandoned it).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app