• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Moguls - Spring 2020

Greg

Staff member
As we start to head into spring, post you spring bump reports here. :daffy::spread:

jaytrem

Any bumps at Sundown? Would like to get there before the end of the season, but the snow report keeps showing no bumps?

mister moose

I drove by Sundown yesterday afternoon. I was surprised to see them closed, they're on the Pico plan according to their website. There's a few brown spots showing, one of them is on upper Gunbarrel. Everything I glanced at looked groomed. In these temps bumps will grow fast, not to worry. But in this warmth, their snow won't last, lots of temps in the upper 50s and 60s.

Greg

Staff member
Supposed to have Sundown bumps for the weekend. Will let them get skied in Thur-Sat and hit them Sunday afternoon. Might be the only chance the way this season looks.

Bumpsis

[FONT=&quot]Sugarloaf, Tuesday 3/3: Fabulous spring skiing day (due to the warm up). Snow on the upper 2/3 of the mountain stayed spring soft but no mush, moguls also soft, on the dryer side. Some of the best were to be found off Timerline on Cinder Hoe and Upper Binder. Boomaguer was superb - moguls had great spacing for zipperlinig but plenty of other ski friendly lines as well. However, the mountain ops tend to groom that trail so it may not survive.

Big disappointment: Bubblecuffer, one of my favorite trails here at SL - moguls are just a mess, crappy lines and spacing - looks like they were set by sliding snowboarders (sorry, you guys really can mess up a nice trail).
They did get rain overnight (3/3 onto 3/4) and it will set up hard with temps dropping so no joy. Just[/FONT][FONT=&quot] look for the next sunny and warm days. They will be coming.

[/FONT]

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Today Blues last days was great , Barneys was seeded and pretty firm early but softened up and by noon had 4 nice zipper lines . My quads are fried . There's a lot of talented bump skiers up there it was fun watching . Beers with the bump crew tailgating, sorry I had to leave early.

I was torn between skiing and watching the Para glider guys , one manage to thermal up to cloud base .