• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Lift History Resources

Rowsdower

Hey all,

I'm looking around for any historical resources on chairlifts. When they were installed, by what manufacturer, etc. Stuff like that for different ski areas.

I remember an old site called skilifts.org but that appears to be inactive. Is there any kind of resource around with this sort of information that is fairly comprehensive?

Thanks!

Slidebrook87

Newenglandskihistory.com Chairlifts.org and Skilift.org are also good.

Liftblog is probably the best bet, but chairlifts.org has good vintage photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slidebrook87

Correction: it’s Chairlift.org and Skilifts.org

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ne_skier

chairlift.org is the first website I ever used and perhaps the oldest, with wayback machine screenshots in the 90s. I actually know the owner and help contribute to him, the Camelback document was entirely written by me and I have docs written up for Belleayre, Bromley, Waterville, Sterling Forest, and Stratton that are awaiting upload.
Liftblog is a great source of lift news and pics of current lifts, however there are few pics of removed lifts and no vintage pics of lifts as Peter takes all the photos himself.
NewEnglandSkiHistory also has some good lift info and pics

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Liftblog has turned into a must-bookmark for anything ski related. It's been the place where big news breaks in the industry for a year or two now. Lots of rumors with substance behind them backed by links.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Liftblog has turned into a must-bookmark for anything ski related. It's been the place where big news breaks in the industry for a year or two now. Lots of rumors with substance behind them backed by links.

Yeah, I find a lot of good information on there and have noticed that some of you have as well since you then cross-post it here (before I can ;) ).