• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gore vs Wyndham

SnowbirdDevotee

i'm skiing Tuesday 3/10 and am deciding btn Gore and Wyndham, both of which I've never skied. The trouble is Wyndham is 2.5 hrs and Gore 4 hrs drive and i would need to overnight for Gore.
It looks like both mtns have plenty open to make it fun, but looking at the Wyndham map it almost seems like all the advanced sloped are groomed. I like to ski moguls. Does anyone know if that is the case or about open mogul runs at either resort?

JimG.

Staff member
i'm skiing Tuesday 3/10 and am deciding btn Gore and Wyndham, both of which I've never skied. The trouble is Wyndham is 2.5 hrs and Gore 4 hrs drive and i would need to overnight for Gore.
It looks like both mtns have plenty open to make it fun, but looking at the Wyndham map it almost seems like all the advanced sloped are groomed. I like to ski moguls. Does anyone know if that is the case or about open mogul runs at either resort?

Drive the extra 1.5 and go to Gore.

Windham never saw a mogul it didn't groom. There are no moguls there.

ScottySkis

Gore also is big and way more fun with more natural snow
Windham B is ok for beginners not much interesting at windham

BenedictGomez

Gore is a fun mountain with great trees, varied terrain and decent snow.

Windham is lame, with tons of intermediate groomers, and limited ........ everything.

SnowbirdDevotee

I did make it to Gore last Tuesday, thanks for the advice. Turned out to be a "not too bad" day of skiing. There was light drizzle but luckily no pouring rain. First time I was at Gore and I'm impressed. There weren't any real moguls (except for a sloppy line under lower Straight Brook) but it was a nice day of skiing and exploring a new mtn. Looking forward to getting back on a better day and exploring those glades and the rest of mtn.