• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone no longer available in the Apple App Store... WTF?

SkiingInABlueDream

I needed to restore my iphone from iCloud backup today. Everything is in order except... AlpineZone. When i tap the app icon it shows, "loading..." for a few seconds then this message appears: "Unable to install 'AlpineZone' The app is no longer available in the App Store." FWIW, less than 2 weeks ago I restored the same phone from a backup and the AZ app did restore, so this is a recent change.

Nick or mod(s), can someone have a look at what's up?

Edd

Any word on this? I just bought a new iPhone and have the same issue as the OP. I’ve got it going on Tapatalk but I prefer the dedicated app.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Slidebrook87

I honestly prefer Tapatalk because it has a newer user interface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edd

I honestly prefer Tapatalk because it has a newer user interface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do other forums through Tapatalk. Ultimately, it requires more clicks to get to AZ, compared to the app. More clicks = bad.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I needed to restore my iphone from iCloud backup today. Everything is in order except... AlpineZone. When i tap the app icon it shows, "loading..." for a few seconds then this message appears: "Unable to install 'AlpineZone' The app is no longer available in the App Store." FWIW, less than 2 weeks ago I restored the same phone from a backup and the AZ app did restore, so this is a recent change.

I'm way late on this one but I will take a look. The app was supposed to be updated late last year but the developer fell off the face of the earth, so I'll check again, I believe it was still running but just using an older version. Thanks for letting me know.

Glade Monkey

As a relatively new user, I'd like to get the iPhone app...I can't find it in the Apple App Store. Any news (or advice)?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
The developer I paid to update the Tapatalk app went AWOL. I also think Tapatalk changed their business model for the standalone app which we used to use. Tapatalk itself should still work just fine.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
The newest version of the site I am working on will have a native mobile support (which vbulletin doesn't have!) so please stay tuned!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

For anyone else finding this thread now, please check this thread here for details on getting AZ on your mobile device.