• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 3/8 & 9/2020

JimG.

Staff member
Got off to a late start on 3/8 partly because of time change. Got to K at 10, good timing since it was a cold morning. When I hit snow at 10:30
sun came out and it was a classic spring day temps in upper 40's. Things were softening rapidly. Hit all the Snowdon trees and bumps. Everything was really good, even Great Bear which used to be one of my favorite natural bump trails until the tunnel conversion. It's been an icy mess most of this season but was great the last 2 days. Ovation was so good I skied it 3x. Steeper trees were closed, Anarchy and Growler were open. Anarchy was nice on top but a lot of crap to dodge further down. Bailed on Growler and did Roundabout glade instead. Somewhere/Nowhere nice. Stairs nice. Pipe Dream bumps very nice. Jug/Handle were nice. 3/9 a repeat and warmer. 2 great spring days, a little too soon though

39205.jpg
39203.jpg
39204.jpg
39202.jpg
39201.jpg

I have a feeling I skied quite a few trails and trees for the last time this year unless we get a storm. Praying for snow.

Last edited: