• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Corona Virus, Mega Passes and crowds this weekend.....

Zand

Ah ok lol. Even still I can't see Wachusett closing unless the state mandates it.

drjeff

Nashoba's already closed.

Based on how Nashoba looked from 495 as I was cruising past it last Sunday on my way home from New Hampshire, before the warmth of Monday and Tuesday, not so sure Nashoba's closing choice has anything to do with minimizing Corona Virus exposure risk to employees and guests...

Dickc

OK,

I've done my weekly grocery shopping on Thursday afternoon for YEARS. I went today about 4PM, my normal time and could not get a shopping cart. People were chasing customer coming out of the store down to get theirs. I turned around and came home. I can go for a day or two without starving. I will head out tomorrow morning when most are at work and see how I fair. You could have sworn a mega blizzard was on the way with how people were behaving.

ScottySkis

"
Governor Cuomo just ordered all events or gathering over 500 canceled. I assume that means most of the NY hills will be closed. Waiting to see I have 4 passes left for Gore to use.

KustyTheKlown

i just looked at airbnbs in vt for the second half or march, in the event work closes or goes full remote. i'd like to get away from the density and chaos. girlfriend is already wfh.

JimG.

Staff member
"
Governor Cuomo just ordered all events or gathering over 500 canceled. I assume that means most of the NY hills will be closed. Waiting to see I have 4 passes left for Gore to use.

Pretty sure this order is for NY CITY only.

cdskier

x10003q

From Gore FB
Hi Everyone, we are open during regular hours, with limited capacity. We will be operating with a 50% density reduction applied within our indoor facilities. The Northwoods Gondola will be closed for the remainder of the season as of the end of the ski day on Friday, March 13th. All lifts and the seating capacity on lifts will also be controlled. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding, and any further updates will be posted to our website as they become available.

gregnye

Was thinking about going skiing this weekend but with conditions looking bad and the fact that I work and live near Boston, aka the Hub of coronavirus, it's only a matter of time until I get it, or start showing symptoms if I have it already.

I don't wanna be that guy that gets Vermont infected so I'll pass. It's crazy here in Mass. Today it went to over 100 confirmed cases. I'm honestly afraid for everyone here. Wish I lived in Maine where there are no cases.

BenedictGomez

driving to vermont in my private vehicle and skiing outside alone all day sounds a lot safer than hanging around this petri dish.

BINGO

Which is why, "closing down all life" is more of a politician's C.Y.A. tool than an actual healthcare protocol.

It's a very esoteric topic, but I saw experts on both CNBC & Fox Business discuss this when Italy basically closed everything, and both of their opinions is it will have a very incremental benefit if at all. Makes sense to me.

skiur

Was thinking about going skiing this weekend but with conditions looking bad and the fact that I work and live near Boston, aka the Hub of coronavirus, it's only a matter of time until I get it, or start showing symptoms if I have it already.

I don't wanna be that guy that gets Vermont infected so I'll pass. It's crazy here in Mass. Today it went to over 100 confirmed cases. I'm honestly afraid for everyone here. Wish I lived in Maine where there are no cases.

No reported cases in Maine, I am sure there are unreported cases of Corona in Maine