• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Corona Virus, Mega Passes and crowds this weekend.....

ScottySkis

"We live in a completely corrupted world where every government is just a bunch of businessmen working for a bunch of bigger businessmen and none of them give a s**t about the people.
Just is part of the problem
Where lucky world that most people on earth are good hearted that want to stop bad things from happening.

drjeff

Just watched Mount Snow take the bubbles off the haul rope and park them in the shed while I was making breakfast in my condo....

Social distancing lift riding

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

VTKilarney

"We live in a completely corrupted world where every government is just a bunch of businessmen working for a bunch of bigger businessmen and none of them give a s**t about the people.
Just is part of the problem
Where lucky world that most people on earth are good hearted that want to stop bad things from happening.
I’m starting to think that Scotty is just a quote bot.

drjeff

Taking the bubbles off line may have been due to the wind.

MikeD
Doubt that as they were out all night long on the line, and it was gusting big time around midnight... Much lighter by dawn.

And I've never seen them in the 8 seasons that the Bluebird has been running, do that before... And in no way am I saying I've been at the mountain every day of operation for the Bluebird over that time, but I certainly am at the mountain 30-40 days each season over that duration...

And it's been running as usual, just not full seats unless you are part of a group of 6 that you know, and no singles lines today. Even a good number of folks riding with the bubbles down and it's not particularly cold or windy today

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
First Saturday not on skis for me since December 14th.

Watching webcams Killington's Skye Peak Quad corral is 1/2 full at 1pm. More people than I would've thought with the poor conditions/weather. Virus be damned.

Got my AirBnB for Utah :beer:

machski

In regards to Jay and Burke, I am sure large declines in destination guests pushed them to the early closures. Remember, they are bot in federal receivership, so their willingness to stay open while incurring losses is not the same as resorts operating under normal business conditions. The receiver needs to minimize losses to keep their pending sales prospects up. You wouldn't buy them if they had huge losses on the books just ahead of the sale for anywhere near the asking prices. So while they are the first big resorts to close early, we can't consider them a good barometer of any other resorts.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

JimG.

Staff member
I'm gonna hit Belleayre tomorrow. Already bracing for hypochondriacal attitudes. Gonna bring lunch and boot up at my car.

The panic this virus has caused is depressing. If tomorrow is good (I think it will be with temps in the 40's and available bumps) I'll return on Monday for my day 40.

Then I might go to K for 2 days next week. After that I'll probably call it a season and start some early trout fishing.

No way people or viruses can screw up the fishing.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
In regards to Jay and Burke, I am sure large declines in destination guests pushed them to the early closures. Remember, they are bot in federal receivership, so their willingness to stay open while incurring losses is not the same as resorts operating under normal business conditions. The receiver needs to minimize losses to keep their pending sales prospects up. You wouldn't buy them if they had huge losses on the books just ahead of the sale for anywhere near the asking prices. So while they are the first big resorts to close early, we can't consider them a good barometer of any other resorts.

Agreed. If Crystal, Wachusett, or Hunter close then I'll start to get concerned about this affecting mid-sized and larger players.

Skiing, hiking, boating are all the safest things you could be doing right now... hellova lot cleaner than going out to buy toilet paper of all things :???:

icecoast1

It's only a matter of time before more big ones close as the panic and hysteria gets worse. Not to mention the weather is absolute crap, they're losing money being open right now as it is

Slidebrook87

Thought i woukd hit 50 days...not going to happen..but its been good so far..[/QUOTE

Last day for Windham is tomorrow. Lift spacing in effect. No rentals or lessons.

Skied Windham today. It’s unfortunate that it’s their last day but my hope is that Hunter and Belleayre stay open. There were quite a few people here today so I don’t think profits are too much of an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottySkis

Skied Windham today. It’s unfortunate that it’s their last day but my hope is that Hunter and Belleayre stay open. There were quite a few people here today so I don’t think profits are too much of an issue.

Not looking like that for bell
It is kind of run by governor who probably make some decisions to get elected to President

From Bellaire Facebook page as of Saturday March 14 at 2 pm

"Just giving everyone a little operations update. We will be open tomorrow, Sunday, March 15th with 34 trails and 6 lifts spinning. We be shutting down operations Monday through Thursday, re-opening again on Friday, March 20th."

skiur

First Saturday not on skis for me since December 14th.

Watching webcams Killington's Skye Peak Quad corral is 1/2 full at 1pm. More people than I would've thought with the poor conditions/weather. Virus be damned.

Got my AirBnB for Utah :beer:

Bear was full on spring conditions today, corn was abundant. Rest of the mountain not so much, even needles never softened up but bear was awesome today.

Slidebrook87

Bear was full on spring conditions today, corn was abundant. Rest of the mountain not so much, even needles never softened up but bear was awesome today.

Sounds awesome at Bear. I assume the mogul challenge is cancelled.

Smellytele

Pats peak today wasn't empty but no where close to what it usually is this time of year. Snow was soft on everything except Hurricane which was starting to soften.
Just depressed as I had to cancel my Utah trip today. :(