• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Corona Virus, Mega Passes and crowds this weekend.....

KustyTheKlown

might be time to order a new copy of infinite jest. 1200 pages of ass wiping pleasure on my bookshelf.

KustyTheKlown

Time to buy stock in companies that make bidets.

we almost bought a tushy recently - https://hellotushy.com/

only reason we didnt was bc the version with heated water needs to link up to your sink plumbing and our sink plumbing hides in a cabinet fixture and we can't drill because we don't own. we didn't want the cold water version that hooks up to the toilet water source.

KustyTheKlown

k just canceled the brewers fest on 3/21. prudent, good idea, etc etc. but a bummer. we have an airbnb near magic/stratton with a few other friends that weekend and with the weather and conditions the beer fest was sounding like a good option for us. wouldn't be surprised if the whole trip gets scrapped now between conditions, weather, global pandemics, and airbnb liberalizing cancellation fees accordingly.

i really hope my season isnt over at 34 days in early march.

BenedictGomez

One thing I forgot to mention about my Costco experience last night, all registers were open, which I've only ever seen at Christmas time. And our checkout person was a mechanic from the automotive area who normally changes tires, etc....

dblskifanatic

Looks like Hunter practicing what it will look like if they close

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dblskifanatic

So we are skiing this weekend but not at a mega resort. We are also brining our own beer and food. No need for a lodge.

A huge percentage of their customers are Canadian.

I know that part. It was the fact that a provincial government would be determining who could cross an international border (in an outbound direction) part. However, it also seems like the Canadian federal government is considering closing the US/Canada border to travelers. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that (and would also take care of my decision whether or not to cancel my trip to Banff next week lol).

VTKilarney

The stores in Vermont are not too bad. Toilet paper supplies are picked over, but you can still get it. People seem to be stocking up, but not hoarding.

Italy still has food on their shelves. I don’t see why we won’t too.

JimG.

Staff member
Went to my supermarket yesterday the only thing in short supply was shopping carts.

Smellytele

Went for just a normal weekly shop and...

No toilet paper, no baked beans and now taco seasoning or shells. Spaghetti sauce was very limited as was chicken. Worse part was That was from around 4 today. Shopping took an hr. The line took another hr. It wrapped 3/4 of the way around the store.

kingslug

Leaving utah tomorrow..cant wait to get on a plane..cant wait to go to work in nyc...going to start driving in to avoid the nyc..sewer system.

fbrissette

So Jay just announced they were closing. I'm trying to parse what they are saying about the decision by "the Quebec government to limit entry into the United States".
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1238573392619548679

As I mentioned in the Jay Peak thread, there are no problems with crossing the border. However, as of yesterday if you re-enter Canada from any country, you have to declare it to your employer and self quarantine for 14 days. Government employees are nor allowed to leave. I doubt any of this will be strictly enforced, but this nonetheless means that people will stay put.

I crossed The US border earlier this afternoon (I'm in Jay), and had no problem entering. I chatted with the guy at the gate (very small border crossing with no traffic), and they have not heard of any upcoming restrictions between Canada and the US unless you have traveled to Europe (and other countries) in the past three months. But he said the current situation was very dynamic so this could change fast.

tumbler

The stores in Vermont are not too bad. Toilet paper supplies are picked over, but you can still get it. People seem to be stocking up, but not hoarding.

Italy still has food on their shelves. I don’t see why we won’t too.

Because in the flatlands when it snows 8”+ everyone clears out the stores like it’s the apocalypse. 2 weeks of quarantine? Dogs and cats living together.