• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Zermatt Is Closed - Does Ikon Address

Zermatt

I'm sure there is something in the fine print but Zermatt is now closed until at least April 30th.

How does that work if you bought an Ikon Pass with the intention of using to ski in Zermatt (say, over spring break).

Kind of hypothetical since I'm sure most people already cancelled their trips there, but in the world of megapasses how does this work?

KustyTheKlown

force majeure. doubt a passholder could do much of anything, especially considering their pass has been valid all season and its mid march now.

dblskifanatic

Is that like saying the conditions this season were bad and I did not get all the days I wanted to ski so I want my money back?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Zermatt

Is that like saying the conditions this season were bad and I did not get all the days I wanted to ski so I want my money back?

No, that's not the same.

This is just a discussion. I asked Killington yesterday if I bought a Spring Pass and they were forced to close early would you issue a refund. Their answer was yes.

KustyTheKlown

a spring pass you bought specifically to only ski in spring does not equal a season pass that has been good at some resorts since october.

dblskifanatic

One can always try to talk to them and see - let’s us know how that goes!