• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vail Closes Resorts For 1 Week

slatham

Crazy. But in some states you have tight limits on how many people can gather, and how do you control that in a lodge? Sugarbush giving it a serious try:

BASE LODGE SEATING – In an effort to support social distancing and in accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order limiting gatherings of more than 250 people, we will be removing a number of tables and chairs from our restaurants and cafeterias to better space out guests and moderate large groupings.

They also recommend putting gear on in your car and not the lodge.

RISkier

I'm a bit surprised they didn't wait till after tomorrow. I'd be shocked if they re-opened and I'd expect that pretty much every area still open will not be far behind. I'd think skiing itself would be pretty risk free, but the lodges, bathrooms, food service, etc., not so much. And who's going to travel to destination resorts? I'm an old fart, I'm not getting on a plane.

Edd

The comments on Wildcat’s Instagram page are not great. Very short sighted pissy stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

prsboogie

Ya they are pretty bad. I was going to rebut but decided to keep it to myself. Lots of angry self centered out there
The comments on Wildcat’s Instagram page are not great. Very short sighted pissy stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Sent from my SM-G975U using AlpineZone mobile app

machski

Boyne resorts are all closing end of the day today. Email I just got from SR:
[https://ci6]Dear Matthew,
In light of the most recent recommendations and guidance from local authorities and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention in regard to the COVID-19 situation, Sunday River has made the incredibly difficult decision to suspend all operations at the end of the day today until further notice.

This was not a decision we came to lightly, and we know that many of you will be disappointed. But our first responsibility is for the health and well-being of our staff, guests, and community, and it is clear that this is the only appropriate and responsible course of action for us to take.

This decision also means that all events scheduled for the remainder of the winter season have been cancelled. The Grand Summit Hotel, Jordan Hotel, and Snow Cap Inn will also be closed during this time.

This decision will have a profound impact on our team members and local community. All full-time staff will be paid for the duration of this week, and we will be working with all team members on transitional plans moving forward.

If You Have Existing Reservations:

If you have purchased tickets or registered for spring events or concerts, you will be issued a refund.

If you have pre-purchased lift tickets for arrivals from March 16 to April 30, you will be issued a full refund.

If you have unused days remaining on a New England 5-Day or Threedom Pass, you will now be able to use those days until December 24, 2020.

If you have a lodging reservation booked through Sunday River for the nights of March 15 to April 30, you will be issued a full refund.

If you have reservations beginning or after May 1, standard cancellation policies apply.

If you booked lodging or lift tickets through a third party, please inquire with them directly regarding their specific cancellation policies.

All refunds will be processed automatically with no action required. If you have questions or need additional assistance, please contact our reservations team at (800) 543-2754. Please be aware that we expect a high volume of calls and emails, and we appreciate your patience.

We will continue to closely monitor this situation and will make any additional changes as necessary. For continued updates and information, please visit our dedicated web page at sundayriver.com/news.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app