• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vail suspending all ski operations immediately

machski

Does everyone follow suit or does say Killington keep pushing on because well they're K
Killington will do what they do until Powdr pulls the plug.

Boyne Mountain and Boyne Highlands in Michigan will be ending the winter season after the ski day on Sunday. All resort services and lodgings will close Monday, all uests must check out and leave by 11am then. No idea whether this will be pushed East and West within their resorts, no indication of such as of now by Loon/SR/SL.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

Keelhauled

You gotta think that Vail shutting their properties down will give cover to everyone else.

snoseek

Well if cannon stays open I'm probably out for monday as I was assuming a typical slow monday and I really dont want to be around people. Mtb season now.

Kleetus

There are rumors K is closing tomorrow end of the day....not that I believe K zone forums but...

Welp FML for not skiing today. Maybe I'll try and hit a local bump tomorrow or hit Gore even though it will be crusty just to close out the season....

So much for Snowbird and Alta in early April....

njdiver85

Lots of skiers tonight at Stratton, Mount Snow, and Okemo probably wondering where to go on Sunday. Guessing Magic and Killington are going to make some extra money tomorrow.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
If Killington closes and are able to re-open in May after we fight this thing they'll have a record revenue May/June... can you even imagine the vibe? It'd be the party of the century on Superstar.

Zand

This will help them preserve Superstar...might be deeper in May than ever.

njdiver85

Put your climbing skins on - have the whole mountain to yourself!

I wonder if the mountains will be kicking people off or turn a blind eye. Normally, it's only a handful skinning outside of operating hours at Mount Snow, but presumably tomorrow there will be quite a crowd.