• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vail suspending all ski operations immediately

prsboogie

Just saw my friends pictures on facecrap of military �� in NYC
Sad that it came to this
Sad it came to this? It wouldn't have if people would have done what the hell they were asked to do instead of thinking "it isn't going to affect me"! The bars were packed all weekend everywhere despite everyone being asked to limit public gatherings.

Now their getting what they deserve.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

Sad it came to this? It wouldn't have if people would have done what the hell they were asked to do instead of thinking "it isn't going to affect me"! The bars were packed all weekend everywhere despite everyone being asked to limit public gatherings.

Amen. If people would just take this **** seriously, especially people in their 20s, we'd be doing fine. We learned from South Korea that the biggest problem is 20 somethings to early 30s folks who arent compliant.

For several straight days the WH & CDC begged young people not to congregate, yet we see these Saint Patrick's Day, Bourbon Street, packed beach scenes etc... It's really disheartening. Some of them are going to unknowingly kill grandma.

You lost me here though.

Keelhauled

The National Guard was activated in New Rochelle a week or so ago. Not really surprising you might their presence expand by now. Army tanks are not rolling through Times Square...

icecoast1

Yes they are getting what they deserve. Unfortunately many responsible people get screwed in the process

JimG.

Staff member

You mean we're all getting what they deserve.

I have a real lack of respect for the utter selfishness and downright stupidity of the way people are acting, not following guidelines because somehow they feel they are special. I view humanity in general and many people I know much differently today as opposed to a week ago.

Really disgusted today.

ScottySkis

I been self isolation for weeks now

prsboogie

Amen. If people would just take this **** seriously, especially people in their 20s, we'd be doing fine. We learned from South Korea that the biggest problem is 20 somethings to early 30s folks who arent compliant.

For several straight days the WH & CDC begged young people not to congregate, yet we see these Saint Patrick's Day, Bourbon Street, packed beach scenes etc... It's really disheartening. Some of them are going to unknowingly kill grandma.

You lost me here though.

Mandatory lockdowns

prsboogie

Friday Ft Myers Beach was packed according to my in-laws

Glenn

I read Clearwater beach closes tomorrow. Some where questioning why they didn't close it sooner.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
You mean we're all getting what they deserve.

I have a real lack of respect for the utter selfishness and downright stupidity of the way people are acting, not following guidelines because somehow they feel they are special. I view humanity in general and many people I know much differently today as opposed to a week ago.

Really disgusted today.

Maybe we (you and I) should shut down our TR forums.

I haven't done that yet, but I'm not following our normal practice of sharing TRs on social media.

We've got new members joining who want to learn about uphill travel.

Jay Peak barricaded their access road. Good move Steve.

Last edited:

ScottySkis

Maybe we (you and I) should shut down our TR forums.

I haven't done that yet, but I'm not following our normal practice of sharing TRs on social media.

We've got new members joining who want to learn about uphill travel.

Jay Peak barricaded their access road. Good move Steve.

Yes people don't seem to understand or realize how bad it is for everyone
I’m going to update my page as much as I can with real updates for the 518.
This one is a little personal. I’ve been a doctor for over ten years and have never felt like “this”. I had to cancel my sweet 4 year olds birthday party today. She was so excited. But what’s that compared to my patient who had to cancel her 250 person wedding today. But then again, those can be rescheduled and they are trivial compared to those having to fight this virus. I’m worried about some of my close physician friends, right here in Albany, who are now positive for the virus. That’s right... I said friends, plural. I’m worried about some of my patientS who tested positive this week. I’m worried for myself. At first we were told we should wear N95 masks, surgical masks don’t work. We ran out. Now we are told, wear surgical masks. Now we are running out. The CDC said homemade masks don’t work, now they say make a homemade mask or wear a bandana around your face... wait-that doesn’t work! �� At least I can send anyone for testing at sight of their first symptom...wrong! That was before all the local testing sites ran out of tests and out of the 100s of calls my office has been getting, we couldn’t send one person for a test yesterday. This is bad. I’m not trying to scare you. I’m just speaking the truth to help even one patient realize the importance of staying home. I beg you to stay home. Be bored, run around your yards, breathe the fresh air into your healthy lungs and don’t get this. You won’t get it from staying home. This is the only way this nightmare can end. To all my wonderful patients, I’m happy to do a phone visit or telemedicine visit with you, even if you just want to check in because you too are scared. Life will get back to normal but the better you follow this stay home rule, the quicker it will! You don’t want to have to go to this Albany Med testing site (once they get more tests!!) ��

Cornhead

Idk, skinning up, and skiing down, a closed hill doesn't seem irresponsible to me. Is it any more irresponsible than going for a hike? Acquiring groceries seems much more dangerous as far a spreading the virus goes. I understand that buying groceries is a necessity, and skiing is not, but there is a mental, and physical, health aspect that is important to maintain in these scary times. A lot more responsible than partying on a crowded beach, that's for sure.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

icecoast1

I dont see how skinning up a ski hill is any different than going for a hike, run, bike ride etc as long as you are keeping your distance from people.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
I'd say if it really close to you, and the hill is ok with it, make your own decision. But don't post about it on social media. Don't encourage a guy from say Boston to drive into NH.

Ask yourself, and answer honestly... why am I posting this?