Vail suspending all ski operations immediately - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Why would you even question whether Edd works for a "real" pharmaceutical company like you do?
    Because I'm genuinely surprised that someone who works for a pharma company could maintain that they could shut down for a long period of time without having serious medical consequences to actual human patients. I mean, I guess he might work for a pharma giant in something like Accounts Receivable where he has no interaction with the medical side, but it was a very strange comment. That's why. Put another way, we dont stockpile drugs for a zombie apocalypse.

President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Yesterday my pizza guy (first name basis, it's New Jersey) said his business is down about 20% to 25% this week. I imagine it will only get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Killington will do what they do until Powdr pulls the plug.

Boyne Mountain and Boyne Highlands in Michigan will be ending the winter season after the ski day on Sunday. All resort services and lodgings will close Monday, all uests must check out and leave by 11am then. No idea whether this will be pushed East and West within their resorts, no indication of such as of now by Loon/SR/SL.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Brighton, Utah remains open...for now

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Vail suspending all ski operations immediately

Quote Originally Posted by Kleetus View Post
    There are rumors K is closing tomorrow end of the day....not that I believe K zone forums but...

Welp FML for not skiing today. Maybe I'll try and hit a local bump tomorrow or hit Gore even though it will be crusty just to close out the season....

So much for Snowbird and Alta in early April....
    Alta/Snowbird still open....for now

Edit: Alta closed effective immediately

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Cynical money grab posing as virtue on the part of Vail and Alterra. I know you oh-so-easy-manipulated apologist will object. Nothing to say but that you are fools.

Wow dude you've got to get over the bitterness.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Wow dude you've got to get over the bitterness.
    I kind of think he's right though.

Close the cafeterias and bars. Shut-down gondis (which most resorts dont have).
    Run ski ops as normal; it's an outdoor activity.

I'll be doing a lot more hiking & trout fishing over the next few months than I normally do. Not a high-risk COVID19 environment.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post

Close the cafeterias and bars. Shut-down gondis (which most resorts dont have). Run ski ops as normal; it's an outdoor activity.
    ^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Close the cafeterias and bars. Shut-down gondis (which most resorts dont have).
    Run ski ops as normal; it's an outdoor activity.

I'll be doing a lot more hiking & trout fishing over the next few months than I normally do. Not a high-risk COVID19 environment.
    I hearing. A lot of employees of the resorts where not happy with situations

Because I'm genuinely surprised that someone who works for a pharma company could maintain that they could shut down for a long period of time without having serious medical consequences to actual human patients. I mean, I guess he might work for a pharma giant in something like Accounts Receivable where he has no interaction with the medical side, but it was a very strange comment. That's why. Put another way, we dont stockpile drugs for a zombie apocalypse.

My bad. Totally missed the altruistic intent of your protest to Edd only mentioning the financial disruption. I was taken back because Edd talking money is typically your language.

Trust when I say Edd indeed does work for a major international pharma company (not in AR) and does occasionally, in fact care about other people enough to ponder that the drugs he helps make could help them.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information