• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vail suspending all ski operations immediately

JimG.

Staff member
SEE: Hurricane Katrina aftermath

Dont go looking for that story from established news sources, you likely wont find it. Read local inhabitants of greater New Orleans first-hand accounts. A firearm was a very handy thing to have, to put it lightly.

My parents raised me to believe nothing that I read and only half of what I see. I'm not looking for any news stories to confirm what my eyes have seen over the past few weeks.

People are selfish and will take and hoard anything they can. And when the stores run out I have no doubt they will look elsewhere to steal.

I believe in not being part of the problem and in helping others. And I also believe in not being a victim. I think we are heading to a place where self defense is essential. And it makes me sick to have to think that way.

ScottySkis

I read that twice to make sure I didn't miss anything, and I dont understand how it correlates or has anything to do with the supply chain points I was making.

Because it's fucken every 1 out in medical field are dying for patients. It's sad that. YouI don't seem to care about that situation at all.

BenedictGomez

Because it's fucken every 1 out in medical field are dying for patients. It's sad that. YouI don't seem to care about that situation at all.

Everyone in the medical field is dying?

I certainly would care if what you said was remotely true. The second part is pretty rotten too.

Sorry, but I am a data-driven person who uses reason, statistics, data, and logic to understand a situation. I am not emo. I am not hiding under my couch rocking back & forth in a drug-induced haze to "get by" this. Yes, people will die, especially those > 80. But we are going to get through this, and as bad as it is, it is not as bad as the worst-case scenarios you see on TV, which are unfortunately the only scenarios promoted, and I'm gathering from your posts is the scenario you believe.

JimG.

Staff member

Hey bud, I know where you are coming from. These folks don't know you are at risk and scared.

BG is discussing data and statistics. I don't think he is ignoring the risks that healthcare workers face. I fear for my wife who is a home healthcare worker and for her clients who are elderly. It hits home for me too. And young people are dying too, not just people over 60 like me.

Last night I watched what has become a daily ritual in Italy where everyone has been confined to home. At 6pm all the residents of Italy go to their windows and applaud, cheer and give thanks to their healthcare workers. Awesome and inspiring!

JimG.

Staff member
So let's all try to be kind to each other. I've said this before.

If we support and care for each other this too shall pass.

JimG.

Staff member
That's the first and last time I'll look at Twitter.

Do they call people who use Twitter Twits? They should.

prsboogie

Our ER just had 16 pizzas delivered by the police for a local restaurant who donated them to us. Greatly appreciated though for sure.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ScottySkis

Hey bud, I know where you are coming from. These folks don't know you are at risk and scared.

BG is discussing data and statistics. I don't think he is ignoring the risks that healthcare workers face. I fear for my wife who is a home healthcare worker and for her clients who are elderly. It hits home for me too. And young people are dying too, not just people over 60 like me.

Last night I watched what has become a daily ritual in Italy where everyone has been confined to home. At 6pm all the residents of Italy go to their windows and applaud, cheer and give thanks to their healthcare workers. Awesome and inspiring!

Exactly what I mean

ScottySkis

Amelia Nierenberg's dad is a critical care doctor who now has Covid-19. “I’m not getting better,” he told her on Wednesday. “I’m not turning around.”

trackbiker

I do, which is why I am agnostic on the subject; as everyone should be.

If you really did and applied the information objectively you wouldn't still be supporting your preconceived notion that it's not caused by human activity, since many separate fields of science have come to the conclusion that it is. But then you know better than all of the Phd's in their fields as anyone who reads this blog regularly already knows. In fact most could predict your side of any future topic at 99.9%

icecoast1

If you really did and applied the information objectively you wouldn't still be supporting your preconceived notion that it's not caused by human activity, since many separate fields of science have come to the conclusion that it is. But then you know better than all of the Phd's in their fields as anyone who reads this blog regularly already knows. In fact most could predict your side of any future topic at 99.9%

It's easy to say science proves something when you cherry pick short term data and ignore any long range data that disproves your point. But this is a pretty pointless debate because nobody's minds will ever be changed

fbrissette

It's easy to say science proves something when you cherry pick short term data and ignore any long range data that disproves your point.

Let's play. I'm stuck at home and bored. How do you know this ? What's your background ? Where do you get your information from (ok don't answer this one, I know it comes from blogs) Can you give me an example of cherry picking in a scientific journal, not on a blog, but from real science ?

About me. I have a PhD, been working on the impact of climate change on water resources for 25 years. Been working with climate scientists for 22 years. Part of a Canadian-German team that has produced the largest regional climate simulations ever (https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/full/10.1175/JAMC-D-18-0021.1) . I have about 150 published scientific papers, including half of them touching climate change. I have met and discussed with the brightest minds in the field of climate science throughout the years.

So it makes me laugh when you or BG (a biologist) think you know more than the people who actually do the science. The science is solid, the data is clear, there are no other competing theories (solar cycles, measurement errors, urban heat islands etc...) which explains the warming. For crying all out, the basics of global warming have been known for 200 years.

Fourier showed the control of the earths temperature by the atmosphere in 1820. Tyndall described the impact of CO2 on infrared radiation in 1860 and Arrhenius calculated the increase of the earth's temperature from a doubling of CO2 in 1890. Yes in frickin 1890.

Last edited: