Vail suspending all ski operations immediately - Page 28

AlpineZone

Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Now, if Manchester NH could do that, how has NYC not been able to do something similar on their own? You know, big, high taxed city and bigger, much higher taxed state and all???

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

Too much government beauracracy and a lot more cases all at once due to population density

Quote Originally Posted by icecoast1 View Post
    Too much government beauracracy and a lot more cases all at once due to population density
    New York State also declined the advice of their medical advisors who told them they didnt have enough ventilators. So there's that, which seems pretty relevant, but really isnt getting any attention.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-did...-for-pandemic/
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    New York State also declined the advice of their medical advisors who told them they didnt have enough ventilators. So there's that, which seems pretty relevant, but really isnt getting any attention.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-did...-for-pandemic/

No country/state/province/city is going to stock half a billion $ worth of ventilators just in case. In addition, ventilators is just one of the many things which would be needed to prepare for a pandemic. Ventilators would be useless for an haemorrhagic ebola-like fever for example. This link is just a terrible, tendentious piece of crap.

While not in use yet, Manchester has already converted the SNHU center into a lower level hospital ward, saving full hospital beds for the most ill. Still hasn't gotten close to needing that yet (last report was only 108 confirmed cases in state with a 13% hospitalization rate), but it is set up already and ready. Now, if Manchester NH could do that, how has NYC not been able to do something similar on their own? You know, big, high taxed city and bigger, much higher taxed state and all???

They are. It's already done at the Jacob Javitz Center. Others will be online soon

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    No country/state/province/city is going to stock half a billion $ worth of ventilators just in case. In addition, ventilators is just one of the many things which would be needed to prepare for a pandemic. Ventilators would be useless for an haemorrhagic ebola-like fever for example. This link is just a terrible, tendentious piece of crap.
    While I agree the NY Post is certainly not a partisan free source of info, it is clear that in the US where healthcare is run as a for profit industry that doctor's recommendations are the last to be considered. Healthcare here is run by insurance companies and hospital administrators charged with producing profit for shareholders.

Which is why I will no longer buy health insurance after my youngest son graduates from college. Concierge medicine for me and my wife after that.

While not in use yet, Manchester has already converted the SNHU center into a lower level hospital ward, saving full hospital beds for the most ill. Still hasn't gotten close to needing that yet (last report was only 108 confirmed cases in state with a 13% hospitalization rate), but it is set up already and ready. Now, if Manchester NH could do that, how has NYC not been able to do something similar on their own? You know, big, high taxed city and bigger, much higher taxed state and all???

Too busy blaming trump to actually do something on their own. ( I am not a trump supporter just hate hearing Cuomo whine)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    No country/state/province/city is going to stock half a billion $ worth of ventilators just in case.
    I don't disagree with you that they might not have done the full bag of potatoes, and I also recognize that the folks who do things like pandemic prep often (if not usually) go overboard, but there's a happy medium between not taking their expert advice on the full bag of potatoes, and pretty much doing absolutely nothing.

Even if New York bought 1/3 of the recommended medical experts buy, New York State would be in much better shape right now. Given New York State is spending hundreds-of-millions of dollars on such critical things (sarcasm) like solar panels, that doesnt seem terribly unreasonable.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

God forbid the power ever went down. Would make all the ventilators nice paperweights. Somebody better come up with a backup plan for the backup plan.

Quote Originally Posted by MEtoVTSkier View Post
    God forbid the power ever went down. Would make all the ventilators nice paperweights. Somebody better come up with a backup plan for the backup plan.
    There is a new thing called a generator

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by MEtoVTSkier View Post
    098318B2-7C01-4F26-971E-58158075B869.jpg

That’s a lot on ventilators!!!!!

Whenever you’re in a hospital if you see a red outlet. That’s emergency power.

Thread Information