Vail suspending all ski operations immediately - Page 44

AlpineZone

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Just saw it mentioned on another site that the recent corporate disclosure for the SEC stated that in this transaction Vail agreed not to make any major capital improvements or acquisitions until at least January 2022.
    The acquisition bit is fairly common; the no major capex bit is a little concerning, although I wonder if they put a dollar sum on "major" there?
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    The acquisition bit is fairly common; the no major capex bit is a little concerning, although I wonder if they put a dollar sum on "major" there?
    The source revised the summary of the article and I looked through the filing (see page 2). Max of $200 mill capital improvements a year.

http://investors.vailresorts.com/sta...2-8f286d6a6a66

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Last edited by thetrailboss; May 2, 2020 at 5:48 PM.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

I think that's all fairly reasonable in terms of the lender protecting itself & Vail still being able to spend on numerous projects
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Didn't they have only $180 million scheduled for this year's capital improvements?

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I think that's all fairly reasonable in terms of the lender protecting itself & Vail still being able to spend on numerous projects
    Remind me....how many resorts do they own?

Live, Ski, or Die!

Vail owns 37 'mountain resorts' per wikipedia. Peaks never installed a single new lift in NH, there are some that are simply going to reach the end of their service life over the coming years. The double at crotched is now over 50 years old and it operates 12+ hours nearly every day for 4 months a year. The mountain cannot operate without the double. Another example are the doubles at attitash.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
    Vail owns 37 'mountain resorts' per wikipedia. Peaks never installed a single new lift in NH, there are some that are simply going to reach the end of their service life over the coming years. The double at crotched is now over 50 years old and it operates 12+ hours nearly every day for 4 months a year. The mountain cannot operate without the double. Another example are the doubles at attitash.
    That double at Crotched also sat idle during the closure and was refurbished when they opened back up. I also wonder about the useful lives of the Wildcat Express and Flying Yankee which are both over 20 years old and have done winter and summer duty for most of their lives.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

Why would Crotched not be able to operate without the double?

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    Why would Crotched not be able to operate without the double?
    They do a good beginner and never ever business, currently segregated at the carpet and double. You cannot put beginners on the top and the fgq has one of the steepest ramps i have ever seen. Moon walk and milky way are already a shit show on weekends with the double running. Seen many excellent skiers end up in the woods off milky way due to the flat light and hump that develops. Also the carpet to the quad would be a hell of a slog for someone new to skiing.

There has been talk of a true beginner trail off the top since the rocket went in but there are terrain and property ownership issues.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

They do a good beginner and never ever business, currently segregated at the carpet and double. You cannot put beginners on the top and the fgq has one of the steepest ramps i have ever seen. Moon walk and milky way are already a shit show on weekends with the double running. Seen many excellent skiers end up in the woods off milky way due to the flat light and hump that develops. Also the carpet to the quad would be a hell of a slog for someone new to skiing.

There has been talk of a true beginner trail off the top since the rocket went in but there are terrain and property ownership issues.
    Agree with all points

Crotched without the double would make it a bad place for true beginners.

Spent more time on that chair and Supernova with my 4 year old than any other terrain in New England this winter. Ventured over to the FG Quad a few times and it was nerve wracking in comparison.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information