Vail suspending all ski operations immediately - Page 33

AlpineZone

Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    Let's play.
    Yes, let's derail another thread with climate change during coranavirus, to boot.

Let's make it easier, instead of derailing this thread, just revive one of the other 1,000 threads on Global Warming. Perhaps pick one of the ones from the 2010 ski season which claimed there would be no eastern skiing left in America by 2020.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by ScottySkis View Post
    Not me
    But a friend
    Apologies. Wishing them/you the best. Hang in there!

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Yes, let's derail another thread with climate change during coranavirus, to boot.

Let's make it easier, instead of derailing this thread, just revive one of the other 1,000 threads on Global Warming. Perhaps pick one of the ones from the 2010 ski season which claimed there would be no eastern skiing left in America by 2020.
    Science never said there would be no skiing by 2020. America is politically divided and this is a topic that is perfectly aligned with the political divide. There are uninformed idiots on each side of the fence. Don't listen to them. Listen to the scientists.

One party and its president, supported by half of the voting population, is pushing a distrust of science and that is scaring me a lot more than the coronavirus.

One party and its president, supported by half of the voting population, is scaring me
    Worry about Justin Trudeau instead, there's plenty there to keep you busy enough.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post
    Apologies. Wishing them/you the best. Hang in there!

Thanks. I been staying inside my apartment for much before it came to masses .
    I do everything to avoid getting this virus if possible because of multiple asthma and past
    Restipority and other things that are not good combination for anyone

From great doctor that I followed on facecrap

"There are 166 confirmed cases in Albany County now and that is without any outpatient testing in over a week (my guess is there are 1000+ cases here). Today I spoke to close physician friends of mine, both at our local hospitals and in NYC telling me the reality of what is going on in the hospitals. In NYC it's very bad. 13 people died just yesterday at Elmhurst Hospital. We know more now- this isn't just affecting the elderly. There are multiple young people in their 30s, 40s and 50s who are in critical condition fighting for their lives. Supplies are still low. If anyone has masks, please donate them to the hospitals. COVID-19 is spreading like wild fire LOCALLY. I hear from people that parks such as the Crossings are filled with people today, like it was a normal summer day. STOP DOING THIS. STAY HOME. Stay in your OWN yards. Stay away from your neighbors. Try to go to the grocery stores as little as you possibly can. If you are out of a few items, try to do without and eat what you do have at home. My heart breaks for all those affected. Please please stay home."

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Worry about Justin Trudeau instead, there's plenty there to keep you busy enough.
    Yep, sadly, we too can elect unqualified people to head our nation. Plenty of other examples around the world also.

Yep, sadly, we too can elect unqualified people to head our nation. Plenty of other examples around the world also.
    Im envying your situation right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    The majority of America isnt

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Move to Vancouver or Calgary. You can get your brand of politics and world class skiing within ~2 hours.

Ski season is always too short

Vail suspending all ski operations immediately

Quote Originally Posted by icecoast1 View Post
    The majority of America isnt
    And yet, I still do. Btw, whats your source?

Thread Information