• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington closed

crazy

The ski season is effectively over. I would be surprised if the few holdouts are still open in a week. Don't expect things to get better within the next month or two...just look at the exponential growth of the virus in this country, not to mention the fact that many, many more people have the virus but haven't been tested due to a lack of testing kits. I've seen estimating that tens of thousands of people already have it. Things will not get better before the snow melts.

If you have access to uphill gear, and can get to/from backcountry zones without coming in close contact with others, go enjoy that. Otherwise, it's time to hang up the skis and start that free trial of Disney+.

Zermatt

It will take 1-2 months to settle (I hope). So May 15th....maybe they will spin Superstar for a few weekends, but I doubt it. They need to conserve as much cash as possible.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
It will take 1-2 months to settle (I hope). So May 15th....maybe they will spin Superstar for a few weekends, but I doubt it. They need to conserve as much cash as possible.

I'm sure if they can re-open they will. It'd be the party of the century on the access road. The pent-up ski demand would just be ridiculous- people who lost their spring skiing and people who just want to go out and have a good time again for the first time in a while.

icecoast1

They could likely make money off of it since they'd be the only ones open in the east, at the very least break even. Wouldn't be shocked to see them reopen after things calm down if they still have snow.

jaybird

Superstar will still have snow in June.
May be tough to get at it .. hiking will be quite popular.