• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who is OPEN Still

Edd

Nice comment, yet he shut schools til April 3rd with remote learning only.

Bretton Woods, Black and Cannon all open in NH today too and none indicating a change in status for tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

I approve of that move. Public schools ain’t a business, though.

jimk

In Utah Beaver, Sundance and PowMow still open and acting like they will stay open, as of 3/15. A number of others only closing for this week, but all subject to change with this dynamic situation.

fbrissette

The Quebec government has ordered the shut down operations of all gathering places (cinema, gyms) including ski stations.

Slidebrook87

I guess everyone is going to encounter a moment like this in life, but 5 hours into our trip to Sugarloaf/Sunday River we got the news they both shut down. Not exactly unexpected but annoying nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snoseek

I guess everyone is going to encounter a moment like this in life, but 5 hours into our trip to Sugarloaf/Sunday River we got the news they both shut down. Not exactly unexpected but annoying nonetheless.

I mean you probably could have seen that coming. It's over, move on. Not skiing is a first world problem.

icecoast1

Suck it up buttercup. Theres people in worse situations than you right now

Slidebrook87

Suck it up buttercup. Theres people in worse situations than you right now

It wasn’t my decision and as I said we both knew there was a strong chance that they were going to close. I warned him...

Slidebrook87

So your dad is more of a fucking idiot asshole than you are? Genetics are strong

Just shut up. You’re not helpful at all. Maybe try contributing something to this form rather than just insulting people. He’s on AlpineZone so he’ll probably see this lol.

JimG.

Staff member
You are insufferable when the topic is just skiing.

You are grossly irresponsible and selfish on the current topic. Which is typical for your spoiled self.

Get fucked. I don’t care if your daddy sees this.

We're all hurting a little right now. I just replied to someone in a way I probably shouldn't have.

Let's try to be good to each other; I'll try to do better as well.

Zand

Bitching aside, is this the complete list?

Smuggs
Waterville
Cannon

I might actually be up for $17 tickets at Waterville Tuesday. Literally my least favorite mountain in NNE but it's skiing.

Slidebrook87

Bitching aside, is this the complete list?

Smuggs
Waterville
Cannon

I might actually be up for $17 tickets at Waterville Tuesday. Literally my least favorite mountain in NNE but it's skiing.

Black Mountain Maine too

gregnye

The problem with Slidebrook87 is that he just comes of as condescending and entitled. Not sure if he means to, but it's how he writes.

Now I am also a lift nerd as well. I have my favorite lift--It's Wildcat's Summit Express Quad. I also have religiously browsed nerdy sites such as Chairlift .org and LiftBlog from an early age.

However I have never pestered mountain owners online every single day about why lifts aren't open (especially if I am not anywhere near the ski area).

I don't pretend that I know everything about mountain ops. I don't think that everything is a conspiracy and that mountains are really closing because they don't have snow and not actually trying to stop the spread COVID-19.

The attitude of: "OMG it's the Skiing DEEP STATE--a secret plot to ruin my time at the mountain" gets old real quick. That may fly at forums like killingtonzone, but not here.

KustyTheKlown

its all that, and he's also just really really stupid.

saying jay peak was closing because of a lack of snow just shows how clueless he is. if anyplace in new england has snow, its jay.

the 'skiing deep state' (good descriptor) is another reason why he and some others are so intolerable.

Terry

Shawnee peak says they are a go for tomorrow 11am till 9pm. We will see. I will ski tomorrow pm if this happens. If not it will be time to break out the skins.