Who is OPEN Still - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    So your dad is more of a fucking idiot asshole than you are? Genetics are strong
    SB.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Slidebrook87 View Post
    Black Mountain Maine too
    Irrelevant considering they're only open Fri-Sun. They'll be closed too.

Quote Originally Posted by gregnye View Post
    The problem with Slidebrook87 is that he just comes of as condescending and entitled. Not sure if he means to, but it's how he writes.

Now I am also a lift nerd as well. I have my favorite lift--It's Wildcat's Summit Express Quad. I also have religiously browsed nerdy sites such as Chairlift .org and LiftBlog from an early age.

However I have never pestered mountain owners online every single day about why lifts aren't open (especially if I am not anywhere near the ski area).

I don't pretend that I know everything about mountain ops. I don't think that everything is a conspiracy and that mountains are really closing because they don't have snow and not actually trying to stop the spread COVID-19.

The attitude of: "OMG it's the Skiing DEEP STATE--a secret plot to ruin my time at the mountain" gets old real quick. That may fly at forums like killingtonzone, but not here.
    Oh his shit wouldn't fly on KZone at all, everyone would be having a field day with him as the Mods don't restrict free-for-alls...

Quote Originally Posted by MEtoVTSkier View Post
    Lol I wonder if they were stupid enough to head up... Proved right again! Can you just imagine his complaints if he actually made it to the Loaf? Fuck, it would be a complaint every 17 minutes!
    No. It actually wouldnt be that way since its not their fault and I understand why these closures are happening. We started the trip knowing this could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    So your dad is more of a fucking idiot asshole than you are? Genetics are strong
    What in the actual fuck is the matter with you. Your a grown man and he is a teenager. Of course he knows everything, it goes with the territory of no have dropped his nuts yet. He will hopefully grow up and continue to ski and be passionate about it and learn tact in writing comments. I agree with LOs on this one, just let him go, put him on ignore if you have to but calling him and his family idiots is poor form.

This goes for anyone who has a problem with SB87 - just put him on ignore if you don't what to read his stuff.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    What in the actual fuck is the matter with you. Your a grown man and he is a teenager. Of course he knows everything, it goes with the territory of no have dropped his nuts yet. He will hopefully grow up and continue to ski and be passionate about it and learn tact in writing comments. I agree with LOs on this one, just let him go, put him on ignore if you have to but calling him and his family idiots is poor form.

This goes for anyone who has a problem with SB87 - just put him on ignore if you don't what to read his stuff.
    I agree. I may disagree with SB87 a lot on his ideas, but none of what he says justifies the responses from Kusty. Kusty thinks that because he has some self-perceived "moral high-ground" view that it means (in Kusty's own words) that he's allowed to "berate and shame" others. I find that attitude just wrong and completely inappropriate. I guess Kusty was never taught the lesson that "two wrongs don't make a right".

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I agree. I may disagree with SB87 a lot on his ideas, but none of what he says justifies the responses from Kusty. Kusty thinks that because he has some self-perceived "moral high-ground" view that it means (in Kusty's own words) that he's allowed to "berate and shame" others. I find that attitude just wrong and completely inappropriate. I guess Kusty was never taught the lesson that "two wrongs don't make a right".
    I agree
    I think if owner was here more often people talking the way they due might change.

Quote Originally Posted by Slidebrook87 View Post
    No. It actually wouldn’t be that way since it’s not their fault and I understand why these closures are happening. We started the trip knowing this could happen.
    No, I was referring to all things Sugarloaf, not the fact they closed.

Quote Originally Posted by MEtoVTSkier View Post
    No, I was referring to all things Sugarloaf, not the fact they closed.
    I think Sugarloaf is a great mountain that Ive been wanting to ski for years. Boyne does a great job running their mountains for the most part. Installing an 8 pack at Loon before fixing other issues is an example of where Im not a fan of them though. That lift is way too extra until they can fix certain issues like the mess that is the Octagon Base as well as a proper lodge at South.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information