Who is OPEN Still - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    you also dont live in new york. we have plenty of well off older people, and many of them may be unable to prepare their own food.

its not an easy issue. people need access to food. eliminating the congregation element of restaurants while ensuring access to food in the form of groceries and cooked food is the best we can do in my opinion.

im also not talking about getting takeout from le bernadin. im talking about the corner diners that deliver to elderly regulars constantly. you dont need to be wealthy to get delivery food in nyc, its a heavily ingrained part of the culture and not an indulgence.

Quote Originally Posted by icecoast1 View Post
    How difficult is it to throw a can of soup in a microwave? Unless you're elderly/disabled, i dont understand how you can't cook for yourself
    It's a ridiculous argument. Soup, mac n cheese, TV dinners, even if you have zero cooking ability you can eat.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Sununu just announced all restaurants and bars in NH to close. Takeout only.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    It's a ridiculous argument. Soup, mac n cheese, TV dinners, even if you have zero cooking ability you can eat.
    maybe it is a ridiculous argument, but at least its an argument, about the best way to provide necessities.

smuggs is providing lift served skiing. its not a necessity at all. so there shouldn't even be an argument at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find that letter from Smuggs bizarre in tone and attitude?
    I do detect something strange there, as I did when I called them to confirm.

I thought this thread was about who is open still? What I'm thinking of doing is Waterville tomorrow Tuesday $17 (I called it's still on) and wednesday Waterville again $30 ride and ski card Thursday at Cannon $42. I've already paid for a motel which is non refundable. Gas is cheap. Might be a plan to end the season on a high note. I honestly think skiing is an extremely low risk activity as long as common sense precautions are taken.

I'll be wearing my full head to toe hazmat suit that served me well fighting the Marburg virus in the Congo in '99. If anyone comes within 6 feet of me I'll blast them in the legs with my sawed off. I won't shoot to kill, Just wound them, I'm not a psycho!

Of course Gov Sununu is making an announcement today @4:30 which may change my plans. Isn't NH's motto ski free or die?
    I have always loved blizzards, if only because of the driving experience - which is definitely an acquired taste.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    smuggs is providing lift served skiing. its not a necessity at all. so there shouldn't even be an argument at all.
    Smuggs and the others also have lodges and bars open, mixing folks from different regions, possibly accelerating the virus spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Krikaya View Post
    I honestly think skiing is an extremely low risk activity as long as common sense precautions are taken.

I agree, the issue though is if the masses flock to the mountain and then don't practice common sense. Was at Mount Snow last Saturday, what ended up being their last day. Thousands of people around in close proximity and nobody exercising common sense or common courtesy.

its stupid and selfish to go skiing right now unless you live near skiing and are backcountry skiing

traveling to resort ski is selfish and stupid and not necessary

my recreation is now outdoors, local, and alone. bike time.

A week ago, I was really looking forward to skiing in Quebec.

https://youtu.be/NtEsQRuBN4A

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Thread Information