• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who is OPEN Still

sull1102

As of 1PM on 3/15 we still have skiing at Waterville, Bretton Woods, Ragged(only committing to being open today on their site), Cannon, Loon, Sunday River, and Sugarloaf. What other mountains are still open?

icecoast1

As of 1PM on 3/15 we still have skiing at Waterville, Bretton Woods, Ragged(only committing to being open today on their site), Cannon, Loon, Sunday River, and Sugarloaf. What other mountains are still open?

Boyne is closing their mountains now. Only a matter of time for the others. Stick a fork in it, its over

dblskifanatic

I think those that are still open will get busy with diehards then they will close

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
Mt Saint Anne just announced they are done today following Trudeau's announcement. I can't find what the announcement was. Did he order all ski areas closed?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

skiur

The NYS owned resorts say they will be closed midweek but will reopen next Friday.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
The NYS owned resorts say they will be closed midweek but will reopen next Friday.

Don't believe that for a second. It's irresponsible for owners to be claiming their mountains will re-open after a week. Just close and say "we'll re-open when it is safe to do so". My point being no one knows what's happening with this pandemic.

Friday is 5 days from now. 5 days ago (Wednesday) if I had told you 95% of the ski resorts in North America would be closed by Monday (some with less than 12 hours notice) you'd of said I was a fear-spreading whackjob.

Slidebrook87

I think the remaining mountains will all shut down either today or some time during this week. Nobody wants to be the last one open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edd

Looks like Waterville Valley has not thrown in the towel, per the website. That may have something to do with our Trump-loving governor.

machski

Looks like Waterville Valley has not thrown in the towel, per the website. That may have something to do with our Trump-loving governor.

Nice comment, yet he shut schools til April 3rd with remote learning only.

Bretton Woods, Black and Cannon all open in NH today too and none indicating a change in status for tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

ERJ-145CA

I skied at Mountain Creek this morning. I'd imagine it's the last day but due to lack of snow, not coronavirus. When I drove past there a few days ago it didn't look like there were any continuous trails but they must have moved snow around to have the one open this weekend.

I got there at about 8:15 and skied it for about an hour and a half. There was almost nobody there when i got there but It was starting to get surprisingly busy my last couple runs.

Sent from my SM-G970U using AlpineZone mobile app