• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who is OPEN Still

Newpylong

I saw that one - interesting to say the least, though there are far more reports that the virus shows no sign of genetic tampering.

Puck it

I saw that one - interesting to say the least, though there are far more reports that the virus shows no sign of genetic tampering.
And you realy believe everything you read on the net I guess. This will eventually show that this came from the lab in Wuhan and was modified for biowarfare. Why do you think they were keeping it quiet?

BenedictGomez

And you realy believe everything you read on the net I guess. This will eventually show that this came from the lab in Wuhan and was modified for biowarfare. Why do you think they were keeping it quiet?

You just combined two conspiracy theories into one. Nice.

There is absolutely no chance COVID19 is a biological weapon. Think how stupid that is. It would be the least effective & dumbest bioweapon even created.

GENERAL: Commander, DROP the COVID19 bomb now!!
COMMANDER: When are we attacking?

GENERAL: Now son, did I STUTTER!!!!!!!
COMMANDER: Well sir, it's just that it will take weeks after we drop it for a bunch of people to get sick.

GENERAL: Ohhhhh......uhhhh.....okay, DELAY attack for 2 months, but DROP that sonbitch NOW!!!!!
COMMANDER: Understood

GENERAL: How many enemy soldiers do you think we'll kill!
COMMANDER: Mmmm.... Probably zero sir. Maybe 1 or 2 enemy combatants if we're lucky given our enemy currently has no active enlisted warriors over 70 years old with comorbidities.

GENERAL: (((((slowly kicks at dirt & walks away))))

Rowsdower

It's fairly easy to tell if something has been genetically modified.

When you go in and cut up/rearrange the genetic code you do it using a handful of known/predicted sequences. If something is an artificial construct you can tell based on the sequence around these markers.

Edd

I just texted with my 59 year old aunt, who lives in Maine, and thinks all of this is a scam. She’s a nurse for elective procedures and is, unfortunately, out of work for the duration. She kept referring to COVID-19 as “the flu” and assured me it would die down by late April, as the flu does. She broke my brain.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

I just texted with my 59 year old aunt, who lives in Maine, and thinks all of this is a scam. She’s a nurse for elective procedures and is, unfortunately, out of work for the duration. She kept referring to COVID-19 as “the flu” and assured me it would die down by late April, as the flu does. She broke my brain.

She may wind up being right, but for the wrong reason (or at least partially for the wrong reason).

Puck it

There is absolutely no chance COVID19 is a biological weapon. Think how stupid that is. It would be the least effective & dumbest bioweapon even created.

COMMANDER: Well sir, it's just that it will take weeks after we drop it for a bunch of people to get sick.

GENERAL: Ohhhhh......uhhhh.....okay, DELAY attack for 2 months, but DROP that sonbitch NOW!!!!!

COMMANDER: Mmmm.... Probably zero sir. Maybe 1 or 2 enemy combatants if we're lucky given our enemy currently has no active enlisted warriors over 70 years old with comorbidities.

It was in the early stages of development and was being weaponized. What better weapon than to destroy the West's economies. Cash in all debt owed.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

It was in the early stages of development and was being weaponized. What better weapon than to destroy the West's economies. Cash in all debt owed.

Amazing.

He took nothing from my post explaining why everyone who understands ribonucleic acids knows that what he is suggesting is literally not scientifically possible, and then he simultaneously took nothing from the post explaining how stupid & ineffective this would be as a weapon.

Edd

To be clear, the intent would be to detonate this outside of China with a pretense that it had no connection to China, right? And somehow prevent it from coming right back to its place of origin through normal travel?

BenedictGomez

To be clear, the intent would be to detonate this outside of China with a pretense that it had no connection to China, right? And somehow prevent it from coming right back to its place of origin through normal travel?

Then Sir Robin & I jump OUT of the large wooden rabbit, and umm........... errr.... oh dear.

perhaps-if-we-build-a-large-wooden-badger

mbedle

LOL - OMG that was good. May not always agree with you, but damn, impressive post...

Smellytele

Not that I think it was the Chinese that did it but they could have isolated it and were producing it. Then it got released by accident. I Don’t believe this but...

Did it cross over from bats also? [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Puck it

Still think this is not a problem.....

[h=2]Both US aircraft carriers in the Pacific are taken out of action for up to a MONTH after sailors get infected with coronavius - giving China an almost free hand in the region as Pentagon raises threat level to second highest setting[/h]
  • USS Theodore Roosevelt and USS Ronald Reagan are the only two US aircraft carriers in the Pacific; both have sailors who have tested positive to COVID-19

Newpylong

I know two people who have died from complications from this virus. Ive never known anyone who died from influenza. Yea they were old, but to me, that is more real than any statistic someone throws at me, so I take it seriously and so should everyone else.

sankaty

I know two people who have died from complications from this virus. Ive never known anyone who died from influenza. Yea they were old, but to me, that is more real than any statistic someone throws at me, so I take it seriously and so should everyone else.

Data to support your point, here's a Washington Post article explaining how misleading it is to compare flu stats against COVID stats:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/27/those-covid-19-death-toll-figures-are-incomplete/