• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who is OPEN Still

icecoast1

Cases are going to pop up everywhere now that we are actually testing more. Theres no need to panic every time the report of a new case pops up.

machski

Cases are going to pop up everywhere now that we are actually testing more. Theres no need to panic every time the report of a new case pops up.
Very true, at this point with it reported in every state, I'd really only care to hear about the number of Hospitalizations due to it now. Just so we know how we are doing in relation to flattening the need for the limited resources for those.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

shwilly

Very true, at this point with it reported in every state, I'd really only care to hear about the number of Hospitalizations due to it now. Just so we know how we are doing in relation to flattening the need for the limited resources for those.

It wasn't terribly reassuring to read the top story in the Globe today. MA officially has 218 cases, but the story seems to count around 300 hospitalizations of suspected COVID patients in eastern MA. It's difficult to tell the real number or its rate of change right now.

BenedictGomez

Everybody I knew had all the ammo they needed already before the so called shortages that the NRA staged to solidify their pro-gun base. That was the best stunt ever pulled to make the gun industry millions of dollars.

People use "LOL" figuratively, but I literally laughed out loud reading this conspiracy theory!!!!

Oh yeah. Woke me up. My girls are nervous.

Worse down in the valley because the ground down there is softer in general.

The only big earthquake I've been in was when I lived in Burlington. The way I describe it is it sounded like someone put a bunch of rocks in a shoebox, and then began to shake the shoebox. Like a crunchy noise. Pictures on walls needed adjusting, etc...

Zand

They updated the snow report at 1:45 but nothing saying theyre closing. Crazy.

Bumpsis

They updated the snow report at 1:45 but nothing saying theyre closing. Crazy.

Just checked Cannon's website: they are closing at the end of today.
I wonder if they will allow hike/skin up and ski activities. I don't have alpine touring set up but hike up and ski would be a possibility. Cover is great and corn harvest will be sweet under right weather conditions. Overall, much less of an ordeal than a trip to to Tucks, which is not in the cards for me anyway.

Zand

Cannon posted on Facebook almost immediately as well, but crickets from Waterville. Bretton Woods is also,done so it's just Waterville and Gunstock left.

The double standard is funny though. People are commenting on Waterville's page pretty much telling them to go fuck themselves but Gunstock is all positive responses (unless they were deleting negatives).

steve22

Bretton Woods ended it today as well.

Cannon honoring unused tix through 12/31, BW through 12/25

Hawk

People use "LOL" figuratively, but I literally laughed out loud reading this conspiracy theory!!!!

Do you even own a gun or follow the gun lobby? I little bit of news. The gun laws did not change under O'bama. Even after Sandy Hook, the ban on assault riffles and background checks both got squashed in the Senate. During that period the amount of propaganda the NRA and local gun clubs sent out was outrageous. I wish I saved copies to show people that deny it. They whipped up the base saying better buy your guns now before they are gone. But nothing changed and then mysteriously there were shortages on the most popular ammo like 22 cal bullets. Why would that be? The factories did not stop running. I was there, so were all my friends. We all said the same thing. The real conspiracy is that people just ignore what is just plain obvious.

steve22

Sorry to interrupt the gun argument but...Waterville just ended it.

From their daily update page:

Despite these efforts, and despite the extremely limited personal contact inherent in our reduced operations, our continuing operations have been met with outcry by many who choose to misrepresent our efforts and have created an environment that has incited people to act irresponsibly to the point of becoming abusive and threatening to our staff. Therefore, regretfully, effective at 4:00pm today, Wednesday, March 18, 2020, Waterville Valley Resort will close for winter operations for the 2019/2020 ski season.

Interesting comment...

Edd

Despite these efforts, and despite the extremely limited personal contact inherent in our reduced operations, our continuing operations have been met with outcry by many who choose to misrepresent our efforts and have created an environment that has incited people to act irresponsibly to the point of becoming abusive and threatening to our staff. Therefore, regretfully, effective at 4:00pm today, Wednesday, March 18, 2020, Waterville Valley Resort will close for winter operations for the 2019/2020 ski season.

Interesting comment...

Whoa. Sounds a bit resentful.

prsboogie

Interesting comment...
Social media comments were less than kind towards these areas, mainly because Gov Sunnunu is owns WV and is not Blue.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk