• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who is OPEN Still

drjeff

Well I had a friend tell me they went into Bass Pro shop the other day to get something they had ordered and the ammo was stripped clean. He heard people(more than 1) in line talking that they never owned a gun before but are buying one now...
One of my friends owns a small (by Bass Pro Shops sizing) guns, fishing, and outdoor equipment store in RI (And if anyone has ever heard Willy Wayz play in the Blue Ox at Loon on various weekend afternoons the last few seasons, then you've atleast heard my friend).

Last Saturday per his wife was by far and away their busiest day ever and non stop busy all day long

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

Zand

Any ski reports from the mountains still open?

Waterville was garbage. Totally frozen solid base snow under 2" of new snow so you couldn't figure out what was groomed (which still wasn't very good) and what wasn't. True Grit was a death trap.

KustyTheKlown

a buddy in nassau county ny is talking about buying a gun. not a typical gun owning household at all. i think he's mostly bluster. and i have no idea what buying a gun entails here, but i suspect its not same day service in most situations. i know nothing of it tho

VTKilarney

a buddy in nassau county ny is talking about buying a gun. not a typical gun owning household at all. i think he's mostly bluster. and i have no idea what buying a gun entails here, but i suspect its not same day service in most situations. i know nothing of it tho

I look at Italy as an example of what could happen here. The Italian government is completely dysfunctional, and their population is the second oldest population on the planet. So I don't see us being worse off.

In Italy, there has been plenty of food available. People there don't need a gun. We are going to have food here too.

icecoast1

If you aren't already permitted, it will take months. And with so many things shutting down right now, who knows how much longer it would take. He's all talk and probably has no idea what the process entails

KustyTheKlown

yea this particular friend is big on talk and short on action.

i dont feel a need for a gun.

i want more hand sanitizer and chicken cutlets.

Smellytele

Not that I think it will come to it but people are fighting over toilet paper and frozen pizza which it crazy. People are stupid and if there were shortages maybe people will want your hoarded TP and hand sanitizer and cans of baked beans. Other people just are more paranoid than you and I are.

icecoast1

Not that I think it will come to it but people are fighting over toilet paper and frozen pizza which it crazy. People are stupid and if there were shortages maybe people will want your hoarded TP and hand sanitizer and cans of baked beans. Other people just are more paranoid than you and I are.

People that are fighting over groceries are exactly the kind of unstable people and fake tough guys that should not have access to weapons

Zand

For the record, when I was leaving I was taking notes of license plates. Obviously a ton from MA, NH, and VT, but I also saw stuff as far away as Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Washington, Utah, Georgia, and Minnesota.

VTKilarney

For the record, when I was leaving I was taking notes of license plates. Obviously a ton from MA, NH, and VT, but I also saw stuff as far away as Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Washington, Utah, Georgia, and Minnesota.

University students?

VTKilarney

People that are fighting over groceries are exactly the kind of unstable people and fake tough guys that should not have access to weapons

Are people really fighting over groceries - or did it happen in one or two places and we are acting like all sorts of people are doing it?

Smellytele

Are people really fighting over groceries - or did it happen in one or two places and we are acting like all sorts of people are doing it?

I heard 3 or 4 stories of people doing it. Some guy got beat up at his car and they took his TP and 2 people were fighting over a crappy frozen pizza. Is it everywhere? no, but it has been happening.