• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who is OPEN Still

BenedictGomez

Do you even own a gun or follow the gun lobby? I little bit of news. The gun laws did not change under O'bama. Even after Sandy Hook, the ban on assault riffles and background checks both got squashed in the Senate. During that period the amount of propaganda the NRA and local gun clubs sent out was outrageous. I wish I saved copies to show people that deny it. They whipped up the base saying better buy your guns now before they are gone. But nothing changed and then mysteriously there were shortages on the most popular ammo like 22 cal bullets. Why would that be? The factories did not stop running. I was there, so were all my friends. We all said the same thing. The real conspiracy is that people just ignore what is just plain obvious.

Let's not derail the thread. Suffice it to say, Obama was the best gun salesman in the history of planet earth, not the NRA. And oh how I wish it was so simple for a company or non-governmental group to drive buying demand as you think it is, the stock market would be much easier to figure out.

To answer your question, I collect M1 Garand rifles & try to restore them back to as accurate WWII configuration as possible, I have a shotgun trap machine on my property, and own various "guns" otherwise, so, yes.

Last edited:

jimk

Remaining civil and respectful during a time of crisis is something we Americans are great at! No joke :flag:

KustyTheKlown

Social media comments were less than kind towards these areas, mainly because Gov Sunnunu is owns WV and is not Blue.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

it was nothing to do with the governor being an R and everything to do with the state-owned and governor owned resorts remaining open after the entire industry closed in pursuit of a greater good. to be contrarian on this issue and invite thousands of nyc-ers and bostonians into your rural state during an international health crisis that will stretch your medical capacities in the best circumstances is stupid no matter what your party affiliation. i didnt even know if he was a D or an R til right now.

snoseek

Saw a picture of the ticket line at cannon today. At least 100 deep. Insanity!

ScottySkis

Saw a picture of the ticket line at cannon today. At least 100 deep. Insanity!

It was crazy and people standing inches apart
Sad that they care or understand why it not good for everyone else

"From a friend shopping experience today.
I ran to the store for my parents and I while they watched my kids to avoid them going out especially my dad just had surgery , am I the only one who brings wipes and and wipes the cart down and puts latex gloves on , I saw people just grabbing carts like nothing and walk in and never use the wipes they provide , do me a favor and pull the brain you got left out of your ass , even saw a mother with a 2 year old in the cart just grabbing the handle , touching his face ��but on a good note scored a big package of chicken and 4lbs of chop meat , cause I have no desire to go in to a supermarket for a while:
"

MikeD

so, I work in a Jersey Shore grocery store(real close to LBI) and it has been madness since thursday, 100 or more lined up outside every morning to get first dibs on whatever we got, which isnt much. not the states most populated area, so by yesterday most locals had been in, several times, with kids and pregnant moms and seniors etc...but today, the summer people are here, NYC and north jersey wealth with beach houses who since they are on " vacation" have made it down, and need to shop til fill their other house with stuff..me and all my co workers are exposed to 1000's every day and now we get even more fools who come from very densely populated areas...not sick yet, but I don't see how we get thru this ok...staying home=no pay so I go back every day

jimk

so, I work in a Jersey Shore grocery store(real close to LBI) and it has been madness since thursday, 100 or more lined up outside every morning to get first dibs on whatever we got, which isnt much. not the states most populated area, so by yesterday most locals had been in, several times, with kids and pregnant moms and seniors etc...but today, the summer people are here, NYC and north jersey wealth with beach houses who since they are on " vacation" have made it down, and need to shop til fill their other house with stuff..me and all my co workers are exposed to 1000's every day and now we get even more fools who come from very densely populated areas...not sick yet, but I don't see how we get thru this ok...staying home=no pay so I go back every day

Thanks for your input/perspective. Thought provoking!

BenedictGomez

Here's a mid-week rush hour map you'll likely not see again outside this crisis.

RUSH-HOUR.jpg