• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who is OPEN Still

KustyTheKlown

Fine for being in a club but house/techno at home by yourself? That seems awful.

lol. i listen to a lot of house/techno while i work or read. i agree that sitting by yourself on the couch intently watching a dj is a sad scene. its good background music tho for cooking or reading or whatever. turning the news off.

i'm also not home alone, fortunately holed up with my significant other, so we may throw a dance party for 2 one of these nights. also gonna be joining her for streaming sessions that her exercise class is hosting. which should be hilarious. its like a balance and resistance training and yoga-ish pilates-esque situation. i need tights.

BenedictGomez

Dropkick Murphys are livestreaming their St Patricks Day concert at 7 pm on youtube, fb, instagram.

I'm not a big fan, but I think it's awesome they're another band doing it. I listened to Mairead Nesbitt earlier today, listening to Scythian now, and will hear the fiddler from Enter The Haggis later on. Happy Saint Patrick's Day all!

VTKilarney

Actually stopped at the grocery store today just to get some yogurt and a few other things and walked by the meat or where the meat was supposed to be. There were a few steaks and some pork loin but no chicken or hamburg. Was looking to get any so no issue for me.

That’s not a food shortage. There is a difference between not being able to get exactly what you want and not being able to get food.

MEtoVTSkier

Well I had a friend tell me they went into Bass Pro shop the other day to get something they had ordered and the ammo was stripped clean. He heard people(more than 1) in line talking that they never owned a gun before but are buying one now...

Where were you during the Obama years? Those of us that did all we could to stock up then, learned to remain that way.

MEtoVTSkier

Just another thing i heard Amazon is limiting shipments to fulfillment centers to only "essential items" until 4/5. What is an essential item? I am not 100% sure

https://www.businessinsider.com/cor...UdVPkguRTAQ1pGDznICVKnrCvLfYvQ2I5b4M7msS1PHfY

I've got some neighbor friends with Amazon storefronts, they just got the notice they can no longer ship their stock into the Amazon warehouses. So when their stock runs out, they effectively no longer have an income until Amazon decides to start accepting non essential products again.

MEtoVTSkier

What does this mean? Did you stock up in just the nick of time?

No, it means once the guns n ammo markets returned to normal in 2016, if you used something up, you replaced it while it was available, don't wait for the next time there's a rush on everything survival oriented. Like toilet paper.... :lol:

icecoast1

https://www.businessinsider.com/cor...UdVPkguRTAQ1pGDznICVKnrCvLfYvQ2I5b4M7msS1PHfY

I've got some neighbor friends with Amazon storefronts, they just got the notice they can no longer ship their stock into the Amazon warehouses. So when their stock runs out, they effectively no longer have an income until Amazon decides to start accepting non essential products again.

The way it was to me was they could sell products on amazon all they want but unless it was a product deemed essential right now, they had to deal with shipping on their own

MEtoVTSkier

The way it was to me was they could sell products on amazon all they want but unless it was a product deemed essential right now, they had to deal with shipping on their own

Oh, I guess if you ship from your location that would still work, but they ship to the Amazon warehouses, and then Amazon ships to the consumer. Maybe something Prime/2day shipping related, and also "Fulfilled by Amazon" in the Seller drop box.

Edd

No, it means once the guns n ammo markets returned to normal in 2016, if you used something up, you replaced it while it was available, don't wait for the next time there's a rush on everything survival oriented. Like toilet paper.... :lol:

Ya’ok from the Obama trauma? Condolences, must’ve been tough for you.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Hawk

I'm not a big fan, but I think it's awesome they're another band doing it. I listened to Mairead Nesbitt earlier today, listening to Scythian now, and will hear the fiddler from Enter The Haggis later on. Happy Saint Patrick's Day all!

What did you google Irish music and post up some names?

Hawk

Where were you during the Obama years? Those of us that did all we could to stock up then, learned to remain that way.

The Obama years. HA Everybody I knew had all the ammo they needed already before the so called shortages that the NRA staged to solidify their pro-gun base. That was the best stunt ever pulled to make the gun industry millions of dollars. So many fearful owners went out and bought up so much stuff even if they didn't actually need it. All of us knowledgeable and intelligent owners just shrugged our shoulders and ignored all of it. We already had what we needed and did panic like the rest of the idiots.

EPB

Not gonna happen. It's way better to throw stones in your glass house and act like only those on the other side of the aisle are the gullible fanatics. The reality is the only people who haven't lost their minds are those that don't tune into political commentary masquerading as news on a regular basis. Those that honestly listen to both sides are in a distant second.

The US news media is way too partisan to lower the temperature. The bet is outrage=more eyeballs and clicks. I doubt they're wrong. This is making us less likely to understand people who don't agree with us, and I don't see how it's going to stop. Twitter only makes it worse, too. It's an intellectual cesspool where the worst of fanatics flip-flop between virtue signaling and bludgeoning each other to great fanfare.

Frankly, this divide has bled onto this site in a kinda sad way. I haven't necessarily helped.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

did you feel it? the only one i ever experienced was that freakish manhattan one years ago. my desk chair shook up and down for a few seconds and then it was over.

thetrailboss

Staff member
did you feel it? the only one i ever experienced was that freakish manhattan one years ago. my desk chair shook up and down for a few seconds and then it was over.

Oh yeah. Woke me up. My girls are nervous.

Worse down in the valley because the ground down there is softer in general.

machski

8 new cases announced a little while ago in NH today...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
Yeah, and they are now saying they are seeing the first evidence of community spread, Primarily in Rockinham and Grafton counties I believe. We have also lucked out so far in that two dozen + confirmed cases are all self isolating at home and have not required hospitalization.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app