• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who is OPEN Still

So Inclined

Also, Tuckerman's? :lol:

(I'd be lying if I said I haven't been thinking about it.)

Bumpsis

Looks quite limited...just 3 lifts and maybe 1/3 terrain.

I can't believe Cannon is still running the goddamn tram tomorrow. Lol

I'll skip the tram but it seems like Cannon is panning to operate. I'm in!

I was at Loon today - a bit icy and harsh in the morning but South Peak's runs softened up enough to be a lot of fun today in the afternoon. As I was having fun, I soon found out that it was their last day.... bummer. I still had 3 ICON sessions there left.

MEtoVTSkier

I can’t believe your father is as fucking stupid as you are and even began the drive. Did you pout and cry and stamp your feet until they gave in and agreed to take the young prince to maine?

You have no perspective on the world and you are a terrible person. I wish you the worst.

Lol I wonder if they were stupid enough to head up... Proved right again! Can you just imagine his complaints if he actually made it to the Loaf? Fuck, it would be a complaint every 17 minutes!
:roll::lol:

MEtoVTSkier

The problem with Slidebrook87 is that he just comes of as condescending and entitled. Not sure if he means to, but it's how he writes.

Now I am also a lift nerd as well. I have my favorite lift--It's Wildcat's Summit Express Quad. I also have religiously browsed nerdy sites such as Chairlift .org and LiftBlog from an early age.

However I have never pestered mountain owners online every single day about why lifts aren't open (especially if I am not anywhere near the ski area).

I don't pretend that I know everything about mountain ops. I don't think that everything is a conspiracy and that mountains are really closing because they don't have snow and not actually trying to stop the spread COVID-19.

The attitude of: "OMG it's the Skiing DEEP STATE--a secret plot to ruin my time at the mountain" gets old real quick. That may fly at forums like killingtonzone, but not here.

Oh his shit wouldn't fly on KZone at all, everyone would be having a field day with him as the Mods don't restrict free-for-alls...

Slidebrook87

Lol I wonder if they were stupid enough to head up... Proved right again! Can you just imagine his complaints if he actually made it to the Loaf? Fuck, it would be a complaint every 17 minutes!
:roll::lol:

No. It actually wouldn’t be that way since it’s not their fault and I understand why these closures are happening. We started the trip knowing this could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prsboogie

So your dad is more of a fucking idiot asshole than you are? Genetics are strong
What in the actual fuck is the matter with you. Your a grown man and he is a teenager. Of course he knows everything, it goes with the territory of no have dropped his nuts yet. He will hopefully grow up and continue to ski and be passionate about it and learn tact in writing comments. I agree with LOs on this one, just let him go, put him on ignore if you have to but calling him and his family idiots is poor form.

This goes for anyone who has a problem with SB87 - just put him on ignore if you don't what to read his stuff.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

cdskier

What in the actual fuck is the matter with you. Your a grown man and he is a teenager. Of course he knows everything, it goes with the territory of no have dropped his nuts yet. He will hopefully grow up and continue to ski and be passionate about it and learn tact in writing comments. I agree with LOs on this one, just let him go, put him on ignore if you have to but calling him and his family idiots is poor form.

This goes for anyone who has a problem with SB87 - just put him on ignore if you don't what to read his stuff.

I agree. I may disagree with SB87 a lot on his ideas, but none of what he says justifies the responses from Kusty. Kusty thinks that because he has some self-perceived "moral high-ground" view that it means (in Kusty's own words) that he's allowed to "berate and shame" others. I find that attitude just wrong and completely inappropriate. I guess Kusty was never taught the lesson that "two wrongs don't make a right".

ScottySkis

I agree. I may disagree with SB87 a lot on his ideas, but none of what he says justifies the responses from Kusty. Kusty thinks that because he has some self-perceived "moral high-ground" view that it means (in Kusty's own words) that he's allowed to "berate and shame" others. I find that attitude just wrong and completely inappropriate. I guess Kusty was never taught the lesson that "two wrongs don't make a right".

I agree
I think if owner was here more often people talking the way they due might change.

Slidebrook87

No, I was referring to all things Sugarloaf, not the fact they closed.

I think Sugarloaf is a great mountain that I’ve been wanting to ski for years. Boyne does a great job running their mountains for the most part. Installing an 8 pack at Loon before fixing other issues is an example of where I’m not a fan of them though. That lift is way too extra until they can fix certain issues like the mess that is the Octagon Base as well as a proper lodge at South.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk